MEMBERS are OUR TOP PRIORITY DURING COVID-19
In these uncertain times, we continued to show our members a level of care that’s uncommon. That’s care when it counts.
- over $100 million in ongoing member benefits and support
- a 6-month deferral of last year's premium increase
- financial help to more than 56,500* members experiencing severe hardship.
We also gave members greater flexibility in how and where their care was delivered, many from the convenience and safety of their homes. This included mental health support, telehealth services and out of hospital care.
HELP IF YOU’RE NOW UNEMPLOYED
From 1 October 2020, we’ve applied some new eligibility criteria to our extended COVID-19 hardship support for members doing it tough. To qualify for Involuntary Unemployment Assistance during this period of extended support, you must have:
- joined HCF before 1 April 2020 and hold hospital only cover or a combined hospitals and extras cover (excluding Extras Only, Overseas Visitors Health Cover and Ambulance Only Cover)
- evidence showing you have become unemployed, stood down or lost income through no fault of your own; you’re receiving JobSeeker payments^ or if self-employed, you’re receiving JobKeeper to pay your staff+
- told us about your change in circumstances within 3 months of losing your income or having your income reduced.
We're here to help you review what’s right for your needs - including other options that are available if you joined us after 1 April 2020 or don’t meet the criteria for Involuntary Unemployment Assistance. We can also advise you where conditions might apply.
YOU'RE COVERED WITH HCF
In these uncertain times, you can be confident we're covering COVID-19 related hospital claims for members with hospital cover. For a small number of policies that wouldn’t normally cover all COVID-19 related hospital claims, we've extended your policy to make sure you're covered. This cover extension is at no extra cost. Overseas Visitors Health Cover members should check their product information to see if they're covered.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR MENTAL HEALTH
We recognise the importance of mental health, especially in times like these. That’s why we're leading the way with our new mental health and wellbeing programs.
Designed to help close some of the gaps in the health system, our unique mental health offering gives you faster, easier access to the support and treatment that’s right for you, no matter where you are on your health journey.
Treatment at home
We’re giving you more flexibility to access quality care from home to help you stay in control of your health journey. Eligible members can access a wide range of treatment options from HCF contracted providers including:
- rehabilitation after knee or hip surgery
- intravenous antibiotics
- complex wound care#.
CLAIMING ON TELEHEALTH EXTRAS
UNCOMMON CARE YOU CAN TRUST
- More members choose us: 1.7 million Aussies can’t be wrong: last year more members joined HCF than all other health funds combined~.
- Even better value: Our members accessed more medical services (99%) at no or known-gap than members of other funds (97%)*.
- Giving more back: For every dollar our members paid in premiums, we gave back more in benefits than the industry average**.
Ways to connect with us
CALL US TODAY
We’re open: Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 9am-1pm (AEST/AEDT). Call 13 13 34.
SEND AN EMAIL
Head over to our Contact Us page and complete the form to send us an email.
USE THE APP
The My Membership app is the easiest way to stay on top of your health insurance admin.
LOG IN ONLINE
Managing your account on the go is easy with our online member services tool.
*Uncommon Care in Uncertain Times Financial Year 2019-20.
^If you are not self-employed and have been involuntarily made redundant, stood down or seen a reduction in your hours (including casual and part-time employees), HCF requires confirmation of JobSeeker payments from Centrelink or a letter from the employer confirming the impact to your income is due to COVID-19.
+If you are self-employed and your business continues to operate but your income is impacted by COVID-19, HCF requires confirmation of JobKeeper payments from Centrelink. If your business no longer operates due to COVID-19, HCF requires confirmation from the Australian Financial Services Authority or a letter from your accountant or solicitor on company letterhead.
#Available with HCF contracted providers, subject to member location and hospital cover. Waiting periods apply. You must have a suitable home environment to be treated in.
~The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA), Statistics: Private Health Insurance Operations Annual Report 2019-20, November 2020.
**For every dollar members paid in premiums, we returned 90%, compared to the industry average of 86%. Calculated based on the average of the past 5 years, sourced from APRA, Statistics: Private Health Insurance Operations Report 2016-20, June 2020.