Weight loss programs for members with type 2 diabetes, heart conditions or osteoarthritis.
- Meal replacement weight loss programs
- Online tracking to chart your progress
- Personal phone and email support
If you have type 2 diabetes, a heart condition or osteoarthritis, losing excess weight can help you manage your condition and boost your overall wellbeing. Healthy Weight For Life programs can help.
The 18-week programs are designed to kickstart your weight loss, improve your nutrition and give you the tools to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
Type 2 diabetes
Losing weight can make it easier to regulate your blood glucose level. This, in turn, could help you reduce, or even eliminate, the need for diabetes medication.
Weight loss is heart protective – benefits may include reduced blood pressure and improved cholesterol levels. You can also reduce your risk of developing other lifestyle-related diseases.
The program has been proven to alleviate symptoms of knee and hip osteoarthritis, by reducing the load and stress on joints, improving range of motion and relieving pain.
How does it work?
You’ll get an eating plan (including meal replacements) and an easy-to-follow activity plan.
Support is another key element of the program. You’ll get personal coaching and advice from healthcare professionals over the phone, SMS or email, whichever works best for you.
Are you eligible?
The program is open to HCF members aged 18 or over, who’ve held hospital cover for at least 12 months, and who've been medically diagnosed with either:
- Type 2 diabetes
- A cardiovascular condition
- X-ray diagnosed osteoarthritis of the knee or hip, which your GP feels could benefit from a weight loss and strengthening program. (Because your symptoms warrant a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon for an investigation or evaluation for a joint replacement, you’re preparing for a replacement, or you’re experiencing problems with an existing replacement.)
- Have a body mass index (BMI) >28
- Are under medical supervision and have approval from a medical practitioner to participate
- Have no allergies or intolerances to KicStart meal replacements
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding, or intending to become pregnant during the 18-week program
- Are willing to provide personal and medical data
- Have regular internet access and a personal email address
What’s the cost?
Healthy Weight For Life is free to eligible members.
How to register
or call: 1800 226 180
The program is run by Prima Health Solutions Pty Ltd (Prima) for and on behalf of HCF. If you register your interest via this website or by calling us on 13 13 34, you will be requested to register through the Prima website to enrol in the program, which will collect some personal information (including health and other sensitive information) about you.
The personal information that you provide to Prima is used and disclosed only for the purpose of delivering and evaluating the program. If you do not provide this information, Prima may not be able to provide you with the services which form the program.
As part of the enrolment process HCF will disclose to Prima your member number and customer number in order to confirm the validity of your membership with us.
Prima will not disclose your personal information to HCF other than your name, address, date of participation with Healthy Weight for Life, member number and customer number in order to allow HCF to evaluate the service.
With your permission Prima may disclose your personal information to your regular doctor or other healthcare provider.
For more information about how HCF or Prima handle your personal information, including how to access or correct your personal information or make a complaint and how HCF or Prima will deal with such a complaint, go to:
Mental health support
Online programs to lessen the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Access medical resources
Second opinions, heart checks, hospital safety and quality stats and hospital procedure guides.
Member offers & discounts
Enjoy savings on our products and other special offers.
Access HCF resources on the go with our range of apps.