TELEHEALTH EXTRAS DURING COVID-19
It's really important to us that our members can look after their health and wellbeing, especially in these uncertain times. So, eligible members will now be able to claim for one-to-one telehealth services from recognised HCF providers for a limited time for the following services:
- Birthing classes
- Exercise physiology
- Lactation consults
- Occupational therapy
HOW TO CLAIM FOR TELEHEALTH SERVICES
Please know we’ll pay telehealth claims for eligible members that are delivered:
- between 30 March 2020 and 30 June 2021; and
- one-to-one through an approved industry telehealth platform and in line with industry telehealth guidelines.
Remember to check your extras cover first to see if the above services are included and if any waiting periods or annual limits apply.
HOW TO CLAIM
- Ask your provider to fill in an HCF Telehealth Extras Claim Form and send it back to you with a receipt. If you’d like to send this form to your provider, you can download it here or call us on 13 13 34 to send you one.
- To send your claim:
Following the successful “flattening of the curve” the National Cabinet announced that the following procedures can start again from 27 April 2020:
- Screening programs for cancer and other diseases
- Post-cancer reconstruction procedures like breast reconstruction
- Procedures for children under 18 years of age
- Joint replacements - including knees, hips, shoulders
- Cataracts and eye procedures
- Endoscopy and colonoscopy procedures.
National Cabinet also agreed to the Australian Dental Association recommendation that dentists move to level 2 restrictions (like fitting dentures, braces, non-high speed drill fillings and basic fillings), allowing a broader range of dental interventions to happen where the risk of transmission can be managed and protective equipment is available.
If your elective surgery was cancelled or delayed because of COVID-19 please contact your treating specialist to talk through when your surgery could take place. A number of factors will be considered in prioritising patients for elective surgery including: risk of COVID-19, patient health status, available resources including personal protective equipment and hospital intensive care beds.
There are few other environments where hygiene and safety is prioritised as highly as a hospital, and that’s more important now than ever. So while there’s still a lot of uncertainty around COVID-19 hospitals are doing everything they can to protect patients and health workers so you can get the treatment you need.
Your private health cover still gives you choice of specialist and hospital to make sure you can access hospital services in times of need.
Ways to connect with us
CALL US TODAY
Our team of friendly experts are here to answer your questions on how we can help during this time. We’re open: Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 9am-1pm (AEST/AEDT). Call 13 13 34.
SEND AN EMAIL
Head over to our Contact Us page and complete the form to send us an email.
USE THE APP
The My Membership app is the easiest way to stay on top of your health insurance admin – no matter where you are, or what time of day it is.
LOG IN ONLINE
Managing your account on the go is easy with our Online Member Services tool.