Our award-winning service
We’ve been recognised for customer service excellence with awards from the Customer Service Institute of Australia for the last eight years in a row. The awards we’ve won are:
- Service Excellence in a Large Contact Centre
- Service Champion - Customer Service Organisation of the Year - Large Business.
These awards demonstrate the Uncommon Care we show our members.
We’re also proud to be accredited to the International Customer Service Standard, a highly respected assessment and certification program which recognises customer service excellence.
OUR MEMBER SERVICE CHARTER
As an HCF member, you have every right to expect excellent service from us and we’re committed to achieving this. Being a not-for-profit organisation, means our focus is on you, not shareholders.
To make healthcare affordable, understandable, high quality and customer-centric.
To be the partner of choice in enabling people to care for their health.
Our promise to you
- be helpful, courteous and professional
- explain our answers and actions clearly
- work through your options with you
- let you know of, and clearly explain, any changes to your policy and premium
- provide straightforward, relevant information on claims and your membership.
Claiming with us is easy
There are a range of ways you can claim:
- My Membership app
- online member services
- on the spot at a participating provider
- at a branch
- by post.
We aim to process your medical and extras claims within 2 business days. If your claim is payable, we’ll deposit the benefit into your nominated bank account.
Keep us updated
We'd appreciate it if you:
- let us know when your information changes, like your contact details
- give feedback on our service.
Your feedback drives our decisions
We’re constantly looking for ways to improve the customer experience, and our products and services. One way we do this is by asking members to tell us about our customer service. This feedback guides future service and system enhancements. It also delivers on our promise to put you at the heart of our decisionmaking.
Send us mail
We aim to respond to mailed enquiries within five business days of receiving them.
The address is:
The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Ltd
GPO BOX 4242
Sydney, NSW 2001
We also have a variety of 24 hour self-service options to help you manage your membership.
Call self-service directly on 13 14 39 to:
- order your latest tax and claims statement
- opt out of member mailings
- make a payment
- finalise your Australian Government Rebate application.
My Membership app and online member services
Head to My Membership app to:
- make a claim
- manage your cover
- estimate your benefits
- update payment details
- find your nearest health provider.
You can also use online member services on any device.
We’re committed to making sure we resolve any misunderstandings or concerns with you as soon as possible. Guidance on how to make a complaint, our approach to handling your complaint and timeframes is outlined on Complaints & Feedback page and our Complaint Management Policy. For a copy of this policy you can also visit your local branch.
If you have a complaint about your health or life insurance membership or cover, products or services, or wish to find out the status of an existing complaint, you can chat to us in person, by phone, email or online.
If we're unable to resolve your concern at first point of contact, we‘ll assign your complaint to a Resolution Officer.
If you’re not happy with the outcome, you can ask that your complaint is escalated for an independent review within HCF.
If you’re still not satisfied, you may wish to contact the relevant Ombudsman. An Ombudsman is an independent body that helps resolve complaints and provide information.
For complaints related to other HCF products, please contact as follows:
Bonus travel insurance (product, cover or claim) included with eligible health insurance products: AIG on 1800 339 669 or write to: The Compliance Manager, AIG, Level 12, 717 Bourke Street, Docklands, VIC 3008.
- how we collect, use and disclose personal information (which may include obligations to overseas recipients)
- how we store and secure personal information
- how to request to stop direct marketing from us
- how to access and correct your personal information
- how to contact us if you have a concern or query related to privacy.
Private Health Insurance Code of Conduct
The Private Health Insurance Code of Conduct's aim is to improve the standards of practice and service in the private health insurance industry. We support this by ensuring you:
- receive correct information about private health insurance
- are aware of the internal and external dispute resolution procedures
- can make an informed decision about your purchase
- are protected in accordance with the privacy principles.
Member Service Charter