Working at HCF
At HCF, our purpose is to bring our human touch to healthcare. By working at HCF you’ll become part of a friendly, dynamic team that prides itself on being different from other health funds.
Since 1932 we’ve been putting our members and their health first. As Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, we cover over 1.8 million members with health, life, travel and pet insurance and our vision is to make healthcare understandable, affordable, high quality and member centric.
Making a difference through our people
We’re also different in the way we value and develop our staff. We know that the continued success of HCF depends on attracting and retaining staff members that believe in our core values and our mission to be different from other health funds.
We believe in developing our people to assist in driving continuous improvement within the organisation. At the same time we are dedicated to creating a working culture where staff members can flourish.
We work hard to ensure that all our positions are challenging and rewarding, where you can utilise and further develop your skills to truly make a difference.
We also offer discounted healthcare and access to our study assistance program to undertake education related to your field of expertise.
At HCF our values are the way we do things and create the right culture to help us realise our purpose - to bring our human touch to healthcare.
These are the values which guide the way we work, the decisions we make and how we interact with the world around us.
- Step Forward – we step forward when we see a need to be met, a problem to be solved, a wrong to be righted.
- Walk in their Shoes – we understand the needs and perspectives of others and see the world through their eyes.
- Stay Human – we look for the human in each other and use that to guide what we do and how we do it. We show up with authenticity and acceptance, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re our true selves.
- Make it Better – we look at things with fresh eyes and ask “how can I make it better?” We are open, creative and resourceful in how we approach problem solving – we hack the problem and solution.
- Get there Together – we believe in the power of one team. Together we can achieve our collective goals, more than any one of us can alone.