CELEBRATING 90 YEARS OF UNCOMMON CARE
As Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, we’re not like the others. When there’s no shareholders to answer to, we can focus on what matters. Putting the health and wellbeing of our 1.8 million members first.
From humble beginnings in 1932, members have trusted us with their health and wellbeing and in return we’ve invested in their lives, providing quality cover and healthcare that’s right for them.
We want to make a positive difference to the lives of our members, our people and our communities by making healthcare more affordable and accessible. As a not-for-profit fund, for every dollar members paid in premiums over the last 10 years, we've paid out nearly 90% in benefits compared to the industry average of 86%*.
UNCOMMON CARE IS OUR BOTTOM LINE
We believe your health should be the priority of your health fund. While others are invested in the bottom line, we’re invested in keeping the cost of health cover as low as possible and delivering the best outcomes for our members, now and in the future.
That’s why we’re working hard to:
- keep treatment costs down with 99% of in-hospital medical services accessed by members at a no or known-gap
- offer 100% back^ on dental check-ups and first visits to a physio, chiro or osteo through our No-Gap provider network
- help you avoid unexpected costs after hospital or when you use your extras with our gap minimiser tool
- offer eligible members free preventive health checks for heart and skin as well as mental health sessions
- design products with your needs front of mind, adding extra benefits and helping to fill the gaps Medicare doesn’t cover
- let you claim on a range of telehealth services for extras like physio, dietetics, birthing classes, occupational therapy and speech pathology from HCF recognised providers+
- offer a wide range of treatment options in the comfort, convenience and security of your own home such as chemo, rehab after knee or hip surgery, IV antibiotics and complex wound care, for eligible members#
- give eligible members access to health management services like quit smoking programs **.
To build on our commitment to improving health outcomes and healthcare affordability for all Australians, we also invest in healthcare innovation through:
what we offer
Hospital, extras and ambulance cover for singles, couples and families.
Life, illness, accident and income insurance to protect your family and way of life^^.
Cover for trips overseas and within Australia. HCF members can save up to 25% with discount code++.
Help protect your pet. HCF members can save up to 15%##.
PUTTING OUR MEMBERS BEFORE PROFIT
When it comes to healthcare, people want to know they’ll be cared for in their time of need.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we've continued to put the health of our members before profit. We've:
- provided over $300 million in ongoing benefits and support including 2 premium increase freezes, relief for members experiencing financial hardship and a $130 million give back in December this year for eligible members
- paid $2.9 billion in benefits to our members, covering over 647,400 hospital admissions and 9.6 million extras services such as dental, physio and optical over the last financial year
- expanded our range of telehealth services, mental health and wellbeing programs and in-home hospital treatments for all eligible members
- delivered better value. For every dollar our members paid in premiums, we gave more back in benefits that the industry average over the past 10 years*.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT US
We’ve been putting Australians’ health first for 90 years. Discover our story so far.
We champion all Australians' health by choosing partners who share our vision of a healthier future.
FLIP INJURY COVER
Quick and simple cover to help fit your life. Flip is cover you can activate in an instant and get claims paid fast~~.
GOVERNANCE & STRUCTURE
As a not-for-profit health fund, our people and structure ensures our members' needs are always put first.
* 89.2% compared to 85.6% across the industry. Calculated based on the average of the past 10 years, sourced from APRA Statistics: Private Health Insurance Operations Reports 2014-23.
^ 100% back from providers in our No-Gap network is available on selected covers. Waiting periods and annual limits apply. Providers are subject to change. See hcf.com.au/100back
+ Depends on level of extras cover. Waiting periods and annual limits apply.
# Available with HCF contracted providers, subject to member location and hospital cover. Waiting periods apply. You must have a suitable home environment to be treated in.
** Before you start any Health Management Program, check you’re on eligible cover and the provider of the program is recognised by us by calling 13 13 34 or visiting a branch.
^^ Please read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement, Policy Document and Financial Services Guide available by calling 13 13 34 or visiting hcf.com.au/lifeinfo, and consider your financial situation, objectives, and needs before deciding on these products as any advice provided does not take these into account. In addition to these documents, you should also read the Target Market Determination (TMD) for the product, which is available at hcf.com.au/lifeinfo. These covers are issued by our own HCF life Insurance Company Pty Ltd. ABN 37 001 831 250, AFSL 236 806 (HCF Life). HCF Life is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Limited ABN 68 000 026 746, AFSL241 414 (HCF). The premiums for the life insurance products are paid to HCF Life. HCF receives commission from HCF Life for their sale of up to 40% of the first year's premium plus an additional commission of 80% of HCF Life's underwriting profit each year calculated as premiums less claims and expenses. HCF's staff may receive an incentive depending on the annual premium of these products which they sell. This will not exceed 15% of the first year's premium.
++ 25% discount is the total discount on offer for the product, based on standard premium rates. It applies automatically upon successful input of the discount code to premiums for all plans, including policy add-ons. Cannot be used in conjunction with, or in addition to any other discounts. No additional discounts will be provided to Members who already receive a member discount. Please contact us for more information. The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Ltd ABN 68 000 026 746 AFSL 241414 (HCF) arranges this insurance as agent for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz). Travel insurance is issued and managed by AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA) for the insurer Allianz. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. HCF, Allianz and AGA do not provide any advice on this insurance based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of that, you should consider whether the advice is appropriate for you. Before making a decision please consider the Product Disclosure Statement, the Financial Services Guide and Target Market Determination (TMD). The TMD is available at allianzpartners.com.au/policies. If you purchase a policy, HCF and AGA receive a commission which is a percentage of your premium - ask us for more details before we provide you with services.
## All HCF members are eligible for a member discount of at least 10% on HCF Pet Insurance. HCF Ruby and Diamond members get a 15% discount. Existing Manchester Unity Pet Insurance policies are not eligible for discounts under HCF Thank You. HCF Pet Insurance is issued by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473 (AFSL 241436). The insurance is distributed and promoted by The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Limited (HCF) ABN 68 000 026 746 (AFSL 241414) and arranged and administered by PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 95 075 949 923 (AFSL 420183). Any advice provided is general only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider the Product Disclosure Statement and Target Market Determination, available at hcf.com.au/insurance/pet, before deciding if the product is right for you and please do not assume that pet insurance and health insurance are similar. HCF may receive a commission of up to 17% of the premium for promoting HCF Pet Insurance policies. For more information, contact HCF on 1800 630 681 or firstname.lastname@example.org. HCF Pet Insurance is not part of HCF's health insurance business. Please do not assume that pet insurance and health insurance are similar.
~~ Issued by HCF Life. Consider the PDS and TMD at getflip.com.au