HELPING YOU ON YOUR HEALTH JOURNEY
We’ve been putting the health of our members first for over 90 years – that’s pretty uncommon.
We want to give you and your family the support you need at all stages of your health. That's why we've developed a range of programs that provide choice when you need it most.
MENTAL WELLBEING SUPPORT
Our mental health and wellbeing programs are designed to give eligible members quicker and easier access to the support and treatment that’s right for you and your family, when you need it.
- Free mental wellbeing check-in: get faster, easier access to qualified mental health professionals with a free telehealth HealthyMinds Check-in with a PSYCH2U psychologist^. Book an appointment online or call 1300 472 866 (Mon to Fri 8.30am to 4.30pm AEST/AEDT) for more information.
- Video mental health support: get easier access to a comprehensive mental health support program that provides customised care through online video support and navigation to other mental health services as needed+. Learn more about PSYCH2U.
- Sleep support: identify sleep issues, learn how to improve your sleep and access personalised tools with the Sleepfit app. To help you tackle your sleep problems, eligible HCF members# can save 20% on an annual Sleepfit subscription. Learn more about the Sleepfit app.
- Online mental health programs: access a range of programs developed by psychiatrists and clinical psychologists to help you understand and improve mental health challenges like stress, insomnia, worry, anxiety and depression through This Way Up**.
- Alcohol support: connect with an anonymous peer community and online resources to help you change your relationship with alcohol through Hello Sunday Morning’s Daybreak app**. Learn more about the Daybreak app.
Learn more about our range of mental health and wellbeing support programs.
CHRONIC DISEASE PREVENTION
When it comes to chronic disease, prevention and support is key. With the help from our range of programs, eligible members can improve your health and get back to doing more of the things you enjoy.
- Weight management: develop healthier habits, lose weight and prevent the onset of various chronic conditions with our evidence-based programs. Work with a team of specially trained dietitians to help you achieve your goals with the Healthy Weight for Life Essentials program^^, or lose weight and keep it off with the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet.
- Knee and hip joints: reduce osteoarthritis symptoms, strengthen and improve mobility and prevent or prepare for hip or knee surgery with the help of our specialised Osteoarthritis Healthy Weight for Life Program++. Learn more about the Healthy Weight for Life Osteoarthritis program.
- Second opinion: get a free second opinion on your joint replacement surgery or other health condition you’re worried about with our network of Aussie-based medical specialists##. Learn more about Second Opinion.
- Heart health and diabetes: access a telephone support program*** at no extra cost and be teamed up with a qualified coach who’ll help you improve your health. Learn more about The Coach Program®.
FAMILY AND CHILDREN SUPPORT
Looking after your family’s health and wellbeing is important. That’s why we’ve partnered with health professionals to bring you resources that can help you keep your family’s health in check all year round.
- Healthy eating for families: Healthy Families for Life supports eligible members^^^ to encourage their kids to develop positive nutritional habits for growth and development and reduce the risk of chronic conditions in their future. This includes access to a hub of easy-to-read articles and everyday tips, advice and resources. Learn more about Healthy Families for Life.
- Nutrition for healthy teens: we know teenagers may need support to develop a positive relationship with food as they gain independence and a greater awareness of body image. Our education hub of resources can help eligible members^^^ support teens from 13 to 17 to develop healthy eating habits. Learn more about Healthy Teens for Life.
- Mental wellbeing support for kids: help kids aged 4 to 11 manage their big feelings and emotions with Calm Kid Central+++. Access an online educational and support program that provides tools to help you and your child, as well as access to experienced child psychologists who will answer your questions within 48 hours. Learn more about Calm Kid Central.
- Online GP consultations: through our partnership with GP2U, all HCF members with health cover can access a standard online video GP consultation (up to 10 minutes) for a fee of $50. Learn more about GP2U.
TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR HEALTH WITH THE SNUG APP
Whether you want to track your medications, keep on top of your parent’s health appointments or check your child’s vaccinations, the Snug app makes it easy for you to manage your health, and the health of your family.
Eligible HCF members can get access for a limited time to a free customised Snug app~, which includes:
- the ability to integrate with personal health devices to track your health and wellbeing
- deeper insights into your health and wellbeing through a digital health check questionnaire
- the option to connect with the government's My Health Record
- access to your family’s health information through the Circle of Care function.
HOW TELEHEALTH CAN SUPPORT YOUR MENTAL HEALTH
Mental health support through telehealth is widely available for those who prefer to receive counselling or therapy from the comfort of their own home.
SLEEP STRUGGLES? HERE’S HOW TO GET BETTER SLEEP
If you have sleep problems, you’re not alone. Explore simple sleep strategies to help you get more restorative shut-eye – all night long.
BREATHING EXERCISES FOR ANXIETY
When anxiety hits, it can be overwhelming. Use these relaxing techniques to help curb stress and anxiety.
WHAT IS DIABETES? SIGNS, SYMPTOMS AND TREATMENTS
Are you thirsty, tired and spending a lot of time in the bathroom? These could be signs of diabetes – but there are ways to treat and live with the condition.
* Year in Review 2021-22
^ 1 HealthyMinds Check-in available per member per calendar year. Service is available free to all members with hospital cover. Excludes extras only cover, Ambulance Only, Accident Only Basic and Overseas Visitors Health Cover.
+ Must have HCF gold level hospital cover for 2 months. Eligibility is based on clinical need as assessed by PSYCH2U.
# Must have hospital or extras cover. Excludes Overseas Visitors Health Cover. The cost is $23.90 for 12 months for HCF members (RRP is $29.90).
** This service is not affiliated or associated with HCF in any way. You should make your own enquires to determine whether this service is suitable for you. If you decided to use this service, it’ll be on the basis that HCF won’t be responsible, and you won’t hold HCF responsible for any liability that may arise from that use.
^^ Must have hospital cover, multiple lifestyle risk factors (e.g. smoking, physical inactivity, poor nutrition) and a Body Mass Index of 28 and above. Clinical eligibility applies. See hcf.com.au/hwfl
++ Must have held hospital cover that covers joint replacement surgery for 2 months, have knee or hip osteoarthritis and a Body Mass Index of 28 and above. Clinical eligibility applies. See hcf.com.au/hwfl
## Must have held hospital cover for 12 months and had a specialist consultation to use this service. Excludes Accident Only Basic cover, conditions apply.
*** Members must have a heart-related condition or diabetes and must have held hospital cover that includes heart conditions and vascular system for at least 12 months. Excludes Ambulance Only, Accident Only Basic Cover and Overseas Visitors Health Cover. Clinical eligibility applies.
^^^ Service is available to all HCF members with any HCF health insurance product (excluding Overseas Visitors Health Cover), see hcf.com.au/healthyfamilies
+++ Must have hospital and/or extras cover. Excludes Accident Only Basic Cover and Overseas Visitors Health Cover.
~ All HCF members above the age of 14, who hold any HCF health insurance product (excluding Overseas Visitors Health Cover) are eligible for access to a customised Snug app at no cost until 30 June 2024. HCF may choose to continue to pay the cost after 30 June 2024, but if not your account will revert to the standard offer and charges will apply. Members can downgrade to the Snug Lite version at no charge. See hcf.com.au/snughealth