WE PUT OUR MONEY WHERE OUR MEMBERS ARE
HELP WHEN YOU NEED IT MOST
Now more than ever, we’re focused on supporting our members in ways big and small, to make life easier. We're giving members greater flexibility in how and where their care is delivered, many from the convenience and safety of their homes.
This includes holistic mental health and wellbeing support programs, telehealth services and out of hospital care for eligible members.
YOUR HEALTHCARE COMES FIRST
- We give more back: We give an average of nearly 90c back on every dollar spent on premiums*.
- Access to health management programs:
We want to empower members to enjoy greater wellbeing with customised telehealth programs and support services like Healthy Weight for Life for members who are overweight or have osteoarthritis^ or are at risk of developing a chronic condition+, keeping eligible members healthy at home.
- Mental healthcare online solutions: We're helping the whole family look after their mental wellbeing by giving eligible members access to a range of online solutions with mental health professionals.
- Outstanding value: Proud winner of 11 Canstar Health Insurance Awards in 2023, including Outstanding Value Health Insurance 8 years in a row++.
- Award-winning service: We've been awarded the 2022 Best of the Best and Customer Service Organisation of the Year (large business) awards by the Customer Service Institute of Australia, a recognition for the Uncommon Care we show our members.
PEACE OF MIND IN UNCERTAIN TIMES
- Paid out nearly $3b for members' hospital and extras services#
- 2.2m dental treatments covered with no gap through our More for Teeth program#
- 269,600 members used a no or known-gap provider through our network of 53,000 medical specialists#
- $1.7m in member savings through HCF Thank You rewards#.
CLAIM ON THE SPOT USING YOUR HCF DIGITAL CARD
Did you know you can now make claims on the spot using HCF’s digital membership card?
Just scan or tap your device at selected extras providers to process your claim.
All you need is a supported Android or Apple device and the My Membership app.
MAKING HEALTHCARE MORE AFFORDABLE
At HCF, we work closely with industry groups and government to ensure we have a sustainable health system and keep the costs of health cover as low as possible by:
- keeping our promise of not profiting from the pandemic by passing on COVID-19 claims savings to all members and freezing premium increases 3 times over 3 years
- reducing the out-of-pocket gap with our handy Participating Provider search tool to help our members avoid or minimise extra health costs
- offering our More for You extras providers, so eligible members can get 100% back on selected extras services like dental services, optical, a first visit to podiatry and physiotherapy**
- providing a second opinion service to eligible members from a network of medical specialists at no extra cost^^
- investing in health services like the HCF Research Foundation and the HCF Catalyst program to drive research and innovation in the delivery of affordable and accessible health services for our members and all Australians
- driving reform through partnerships with industry groups and government to influence policy reform to lower healthcare costs and average premium increases.
EMPOWERING WOMEN TO TAKE CHARGE OF THEIR HEALTH
Managing good health and making informed decisions starts with the right information.
Our Women's Health Hub gives you practical information and real-life stories to take charge of your health and wellbeing, covering topics like endometriosis, fertility, mental health, fitness, sexuality, pregnancy and menopause.
WANT MORE FROM YOUR HEALTH COVER?
USE OUR MY MEMBERSHIP APP
Our My Membership app lets you manage your health cover wherever and whenever you need.
SPEAK TO A SPECIALIST
Because we're not-for-profit, our health cover experts are here to advise on the cover you actually need.
FIND A BRANCH
Visit your nearest branch for health insurance advice, claiming, joining and more.
LOG IN ONLINE
Managing your account on the go is easy with our online member services tool.
* 89.2% compared to 85.6% across the industry. Calculated based on the average of the past 10 years, sourced from APRA Statistics: Private Health Insurance Operations Reports 2014-23.
^ Must have held hospital cover that covers joint replacement surgery for 2 months, have knee or hip osteoarthritis and a Body Mass Index of 28 and above. Clinical eligibility applies. See hcf.com.au/hwfl
+ Must have hospital cover, multiple lifestyle risk factors (e.g. smoking, physical inactivity, poor nutrition) and a Body Mass Index of 28 and above. Clinical eligibility applies. See hcf.com.au/hwfl
# Figures for the period 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022.
** 100% back through More for You providers in our No-Gap network is available on selected covers. Waiting periods and annual limits apply. Providers are subject to change. We recommend that you confirm the provider prior to your appointment.
^^ You must have had hospital cover for 12 months and a specialist consultation to use this service. Excludes Accident Only Basic cover, conditions apply.
++ Outstanding Value Health Insurance 8 years in a row (2016-23). Winner of the 2023 Extras Insurance Award in NSW, Vic, Qld and Tas, and the Hospital and Extras Insurance Award in Vic, Qld, WA, SA, NT and Tas.