AUSTRALIA'S LARGEST NOT-FOR-PROFIT HEALTH FUND
As Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, we always put our members before profit. Our members are at the heart of everything we do, and their health comes first before anything else.
Not only have we been voted Australia's most-trusted health fund the last two years running*, but more members choose us. Last year we grew more than all other health funds combined^.
WHY CHOOSE PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE?
Private health insurance isn't one size fits all and we have a wide range of policies and level of cover to help suit the needs of members across all different life stages.
Once you turn 31, depending on your taxable income, you could be hit by the Medicare Levy Surcharge if you don't have private hospital cover.
Also, only being covered by Medicare means if you do need to go to hospital you could have wait times for over 12 months. Being a private patient with health insurance offers you peace of mind that you can get treated as soon as possible.
YOUR HEALTH CARE COMES FIRST
At HCF we put people before profits for shareholders. Some of the ways we’ve put our members first is:
- More money back: We give more back in benefits^ to our members for every dollar paid in premiums than the industry average
- Award-winning customer service: Our friendly, award-winning team of experts are ready to help you seven days a week
- Top value for your money: We’ve been awarded Outstanding Value Health Insurance by Canstar four years in a row.
WHAT UNCOMMON CARE MEANS TO OUR MEMBERS
WHY HCF IS DIFFERENT TO OTHER HEALTH FUNDS
At HCF, we look at the big picture and use our resources, networks and influence to innovate and help make healthcare more affordable for Australians by:
- Reducing the out-of-pocket gap with our Participating Provider web page that has a handy search tool to help our members avoid or minimise out-of-pocket costs
- Providing a second opinion service to eligible members from a network of medical specialists at no extra cost
- Offering our More for You extras providers, so eligible members can get 100% back on extras and general treatment such as dental, optical, podiatry and physiotherapy
- Driving government reform and working directly with the government to influence reform to lower healthcare costs
- Investing in health services such as the HCF Research Foundation and HCF Catalyst to drive innovation with the aim of creating more effective and efficient healthcare.
CHOOSING AN EXTRAS OR HOSPITAL COVER POLICY THAT’S RIGHT FOR YOU
Our friendly team of experts are always happy to help guide you on what policy and health insurance products would be right for you, so give us a call on 13 13 34 to find out more. Our experts can chat to you on a wide-range of topics such as lifetime health cover and waiting periods. And they can explain the different types of cover such as hospital cover, extras cover, and ambulance cover.
Please note: we have a 30-day cooling off period because we want you to be happy with the health cover you’ve chosen. If you change your mind and cancel your policy within 30 days of joining, you’ll get your money back if you haven't made a claim.
WHY should i have health cover?
Wondering why you should bother? Get the facts on what it could do for you – free of hard sell.
Get cover that’s right for you
Confused about your options? Here's how to choose cover that works for you.
AVOIDING UNEXPECTED DOCTOR’S COSTS
Understanding doctors' fees and charges is the key to avoiding bill shock. Here's what you need to know.
JOIN HCF TODAY
Getting a quote for private health insurance is easy. Start now online with our easy-to-use online form.
*Roy Morgan, Net Trust Survey, 2018 and 2019.
^2019 Year in Review