UNCOMMON CARE IS OUR BOTTOM LINE
Caring makes you do uncommon things. It makes us do uncommon things too. Like putting people before profit.
Why? Because we’re Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund. That means our members are at the heart of everything we do and we put their health before anything else.
HELP WHEN YOU NEED IT MOST
Now more than ever, we’re focused on supporting our members in ways big and small, to make life easier. We're giving members greater flexibility in how and where their care is delivered, many from the convenience and safety of their homes.
This includes holistic mental health and wellbeing support programs, telehealth services and out of hospital care for eligible members.
YOUR HEALTH CARE COMES FIRST
At HCF we define success differently. That’s because uncommon care makes common sense to us.
- Giving more back: For every dollar our members paid in premiums, we gave back more in benefits than the industry average over the past 5 years*.
- Access to Health Management programs: We want to empower members to enjoy greater wellbeing with customised telehealth programs and support services like Healthy Weight for Life, keeping eligible members healthy at home.
- Mental healthcare you can trust: We're helping the whole family look after their mental wellbeing, by giving eligible members access to a range of online solutions with mental health professionals.
- Outstanding value: We’ve been awarded Outstanding Value Health Insurance by Canstar 6 years in a row#.
- Award-winning service^: We’ve been recognised for the Uncommon Care we show our members with Australian Service Excellence Awards by the Customer Service Institute for 9 years running.
PEACE OF MIND IN UNCERTAIN TIMES
- $2.5b paid for members’ hospital and extras services
- 1.9m dental treatments covered with no-gap through our More for Teeth program
- 250,850 members used a no or known-gap provider through our network of 50,700 medical specialists
- $2.1m in member savings through HCF Thank You rewards
Source: Uncommon Care in Uncertain Times Financial Year 2019–20.
MAKING HEALTHCARE MORE AFFORDABLE
At HCF, we work closely with industry groups and government to ensure we have a sustainable health system and keep the costs of health cover as low as possible by:
- reducing the out-of-pocket gap with our handy Participating Provider search tool to help our members avoid or minimise extra health costs
- offering our More for You extras providers, so eligible members can get 100% back on selected extras services and general treatment like dental, optical, podiatry and physiotherapy**
- providing a second opinion service to eligible members from a network of medical specialists at no extra cost+
- investing in health services like the HCF Research Foundation and the HCF Catalyst program to drive research and innovation in the delivery of affordable and accessible health services for our members and all Australians
- driving reform through partnerships with industry groups and government to influence policy reform to lower healthcare costs and average premium increases.
WANT MORE FROM YOUR HEALTH COVER?
SEND US AN EMAIL
Head over to our Contact Us page and send us some information about you and your membership.
SPEAK TO A SPECIALIST
Because we're not-for-profit, our health cover experts are here to advise based on the cover you actually need.
FIND A BRANCH
We have branches across Australia. Come and visit one of our health cover experts, if it's safe for you to do so.
USE OUR MY MEMBERSHIP APP
Our My Membership app lets you manage your health cover wherever and whenever you need.
*90% compared to 86% across the industry. Calculated based on the average of the past 5 years, sourced from the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority, Statistics: Private Health Insurance Operations Report 2016-20, June 2020.
#Winner of Canstar's National Award for Outstanding Value in Health Insurance 2016 - 2021.
^Recognised 9 years consecutively since 2012.
**100% back from providers in our network is available on selected covers. Waiting periods and annual limits apply.
+You must have had hospital cover for 12 months and a specialist consultation to use this service. Excludes Accident Only Basic cover, conditions apply.