HELP WHEN YOU NEED IT MOST
Now more than ever, we’re focused on supporting our members in ways, big and small, to make life easier. We found new ways to safeguard members’ health, by offering holistic mental health and wellbeing support, one-to-one telehealth services, a COVID-19 nurse helpline and at-home health care for eligible members.
Since April this year, we've also given financial support to over 60,000~ members who are doing it tough.
PUTTING PEOPLE BEFORE PROFIT
Because we’re Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, our members are at the heart of everything we do. We put the health and wellbeing of the 1.6 million Aussies we cover before anything else.
We were also voted Australia's most trusted health fund by Roy Morgan Net Trust survey the last 2 years running.
YOUR HEALTH CARE COMES FIRST
At HCF we put people before profits for shareholders. Some of the ways we’ve put our members first is:
- More money back: We gave more back in benefits^ to our members for every dollar paid in premiums than the industry average.
- Award-winning customer service+: Our friendly, award-winning team of experts are ready to help you seven days a week.
- Top value for your money: We’ve been awarded Outstanding Value Health Insurance by Canstar four years in a row.
WHAT UNCOMMON CARE MEANS TO OUR MEMBERS
WHY HCF IS DIFFERENT TO OTHER HEALTH FUNDS
At HCF, we look at the big picture and use our resources, networks and influence to innovate and help make health care more affordable for Australians by:
- reducing the out-of-pocket gap with our handy Participating Provider search tool to help our members avoid or minimise out-of-pocket costs
- providing a second opinion service to eligible members from a network of medical specialists at no extra cost*
- offering our More for You extras providers, so eligible members can get 100% back on selected extras services and general treatment like dental, optical, podiatry and physiotherapy**
- driving government reform and working directly with the government to influence reform to lower healthcare costs
- investing in health services like the HCF Research Foundation and HCF Catalyst to drive innovation with the aim of creating more effective and efficient health care.
WANT MORE FROM YOUR HEALTH COVER?
SEND US AN EMAIL
Head over to our Contact Us page and send us some information about you and your membership.
SPEAK TO A SPECIALIST
Because we're not for profit, our health insurance experts are here to advise based on the cover you actually need.
FIND A BRANCH
We have branches across Australia. Come and visit one of our health insurance experts, if it's safe for you to do so.
USE OUR MY MEMBERSHIP APP
Our My Membership app lets you manage your health cover wherever and whenever you need.
~Figures current for the period 1 March 2020 to 28 July 2020.
^89% compared to 86% across the industry. Calculated based on the average of the past 5 years, sourced from APRA, Statistics: Quarterly Private Health Insurance Statistics, June 2019; APRA, Statistics: Private Health Insurance Operations Report 2015-18, June 2018.
+We’ve been recognised for customer service excellence with a Customer Service Institute Award for the last 8 years in a row since 2012.
*You must have had hospital cover for 12 months and a specialist consultation to use this service. Excludes Accident Only Basic cover, conditions apply.
**Depends on your level of cover and annual limits.