NOW AVAILABLE AT HCF DENTAL GEORGE STREET
WHY SEE AN ORTHODONTIST?
Orthodontists are dental professionals who have specialist training in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of dental and facial conditions, in addition to university degrees in dentistry and specialised orthodontics.
While dentists are experts in oral health and dental care, orthodontists focus on correcting facial and tooth development. Orthodontists can help:
- enhance facial profile
- correct protruding, crooked or misaligned teeth
- gain a confident smile
- make teeth easier to clean
- relieve difficulties in speaking, breathing or chewing
- close gaps in teeth
- improve gum health
- align jaws and correct bite-related problems
- manage thumb-sucking habits in kids
If you’d like to experience the benefits of orthodontics you can request an appointment
Meet our orthodontist
Dr Franciskus Tan is a highly-skilled specialist orthodontist – with over 30 years’ experience in private practice. He’s committed to creating a caring and friendly environment and providing specialised orthodontic treatment.
After completing his general dental training with Honours at the University of Sydney, Frank undertook a Masters in Orthodontics in 1984. He has also worked as a specialist clinical lecturer at the Sydney University Postgraduate Orthodontic Masters Program since 1990.
What we offer
- Caring and friendly environment
- Dedicated team including oral surgeon, endodontist, dental hygienist and dental therapist
- Market-leading braces, including stainless steel, colour options, or clear ceramic braces
- The latest technology - including miniature SPEED braces (which may have shorter treatment times, and don't need to be adjusted as frequently, meaning fewer appointments for you)
- Convenient location less than 5 minutes walking distance from Town Hall station
- Longer opening hours from 7.30am to 6pm – so you can find an appointment time that suits you.
How much will it cost?
At HCF Dental, we aim to make specialised orthodontic care as affordable and accessible as possible. We offer competitively priced orthodontics which may cost less than other private orthodontists.
Depending on your level of extras cover and waiting periods, you may be able to claim on your orthodontic treatment. Call us if you’d like to know how much you’re likely to get back and what your out-of-pocket costs might be.
WHEN SHOULD I TAKE MY KIDS?
4 REASONS TO SEE AN ORTHODONTIST (IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT BRACES)
There are many different reasons to see an orthodontist, from smile alignment to treating sleep apnoea. Should you consider a visit?
DENTAL HEALTH FOR EVERY LIFE STAGE
How to look after your teeth, today and in the future.
THE IMPORTANCE OF ORAL HEALTH
Dental hygiene isn’t just about teeth, good oral health can also help prevent a number of diseases.
DO YOU AVOID VISITING THE DENTIST?
If you’re worried about the cost, or anxious about dental treatment, you’re not alone. Tackling these issues head on is the way forward.