BBQ Rosemary Lamb Loin Chops with Feta
Lamb loin chops, like T-bone steaks, have big natural flavours, so they stand up well to pungent aromatics like rosemary and garlic. Keeping a little block of feta cheese very cold will make it easier to grate over the chops for a final flourish of flavour.
Prep time 15 minutes
BBQ time 10-12 minutes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 bone-in lamb loin chops, each 115-175g and 3-4 cm thick, trimmed of excess fat
- 55g feta cheese, cold
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill leaves
- In a small bowl mix together the oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Lightly coat the chops on both sides with the rosemary mixture. Let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes while you prepare the barbecue.
- Prepare the barbecue for direct and indirect cooking over medium–high heat (200° to 260°C). Brush the cooking grills clean. Grill the chops over direct medium–high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to your desired doneness, 10-12 minutes for medium rare (51° to 54°C), turning once.
- If flare-ups occur, move the chops to indirect medium–high heat until the flames subside and add a minute or so to the cooking time. Transfer the chops to a platter.
- Using a cheese grater, shave the block of cold cheese over the chops. Sprinkle the dill on top and serve warm.
BEETROOT AND FETA SALAD
Quick and easy, this salad has contrasting flavours and makes a delicious lunch dish on its own or with extra protein added – try hard-boiled eggs or grilled meat.
SLOW COOKER SPANISH LAMB WITH BEANS
Savour the tenderness of this lamb dish with sliced chorizo adding a Spanish twist. If you don’t have a slow cooker, use a good quality saucepan with a lid, over a low heat.
LAMB AND DRIED FRUIT TAGINE RECIPE
You won’t believe how simple this tasty lamb recipe is from One Knife, One Pot, One Dish by Stéphane Reynaud.
FENNEL AND APPLE SALAD
An aromatic salad with a wonderful mixture of textures and flavours.