Slow cooker Spanish lamb with beans
Savour the tenderness of this lamb dish with sliced chorizo adding a Spanish twist. If you don’t have a slow cooker, use a good quality saucepan with a lid, over a low heat.
Cooking time: 6 hours
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 1 chorizo sausage, diced
- 800g diced lamb
- 2 cups beef stock
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- sprinkle of dried oregano
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 3 tbs tomato paste
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- In a frypan heat olive oil and sauté onions for 5 mins or until softened, then add to slow cooker.
- In same pan heat capsicum and chorizo, once cooked add to slow cooker.
- Add a touch more oil to the pan, brown lamb and again add to slow cooker.
- Now add everything else to slow cooker – stock, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle of oregano then season with cracked pepper.
- Cook for 4 hours then add tomato paste, zucchini, and carrots and beans. Cook a further 2 hours. Meat should be very tender.
- Enjoy your Spanish lamb! Any leftovers are suitable to freeze.
Recipe courtesy of weightloss.com.au.