DRIVING INNOVATION IN HEALTH TECH
HCF Catalyst is Australia’s first corporate supported health tech accelerator program. Now in its sixth year, HCF is more committed than ever to championing innovation and delivering Uncommon Care to our members by making healthcare understandable, affordable, high quality and member centric. Catalyst has been designed to help startups and scaleups* transform their innovative health and wellness ideas into investment-ready businesses.
In partnership with corporate startup accelerator Slingshot, HCF provides participants with mentoring and marketing advice during the 10 week program. Ultimately, the program teaches them how to demonstrate the value of their e-health solution and prepare their business for investors and customers.
Catalyst Demo Day 2021
Throughout the past year, despite its many challenges, HCF has continued to demonstrate the Uncommon Care we are known for. Now more than ever we need to evolve and innovate to meet the everchanging needs of Australian healthcare to continue delivering high quality care for Aussies.
We continue to invest in pioneering innovative solutions to improve our members’ current and future health and wellbeing through our HCF Catalyst program.
This year’s HCF Catalyst program will see 5 dynamic health tech startups collaborate with HCF to get themselves investor and market ready ahead of Demo Day. Demo Day is an opportunity for HCF Catalyst graduates to showcase their health tech ideas to an audience of potential investors, industry opinion leaders and healthcare stakeholders.
The following 5 startups represent some of the most innovative thinking in health tech, and we’re excited to back their ideas and see them pitch at Demo Day in Sydney.
- Agora: Delivering personalised care by connecting you and your health professional to the right community groups, mental health and social support services.
- Chology: Telehealth psychological and educational testing for school aged kids across Australia focusing on behaviour, social skills, cognition, learning and emotions.
- Family HQ: The ultimate family health app to track, record and manage your child’s medication and health management plans.
- HealthLaunch: Connecting the health eco-system to deliver pharma-sponsored patient engagement programs that can improve health outcomes.
- Skin Check Champions: Winning the race against skin cancer through early detection.
She Births was part of the second cohort of scaleups. She Births is a scientifically-verified antenatal education program which has been shown to reduce the need for medical intervention and improve outcomes for mothers and babies in public hospitals.
The 2 day course teaches parents techniques including yoga, acupressure massage, visualisation, nutrition and pain management.
How our not-for-profit status benefits our members, how the fund works, and our key partnerships.
HCF RESEARCH FOUNDATION
Launched in 2000, our Foundation funds health services research projects that benefit all Australians.
ACCESS MEDICAL RESOURCES
Knowledge is the key to making informed decisions about your health. Our medical resources offer valuable insight
Take control of your cover with the My Membership app.