DRIVING INNOVATION IN HEALTH TECH
HCF, in partnership with corporate startup accelerator Slingshot, has been running the Catalyst program since 2015. During the 12 week program, participants receive mentoring, marketing advice and seed funding. Ultimately, the program teaches them how to demonstrate the value of their e-health solution and make their business investor and customer ready.
The final stage of the program is Demo Day, where HCF Catalyst graduates showcase their health tech ideas to an audience of potential investors, industry opinion leaders and healthcare stakeholders.
CATALYST DEMO DAY 2020
While our first ever virtual Catalyst Demo Day may have looked a little different to previous years, our purpose hasn’t changed. Now more than ever, it’s important we continue to pioneer new ways to care for our members' wellbeing while anticipating their future health needs.
In the spirit of innovation, we didn’t let COVID-19 slow us down. Now in its’ fifth year, this year’s program saw 6 dynamic health tech start-ups work tirelessly with our partner Slingshot over 3 months to get themselves market and investor ready.
Playing a vital role in helping us achieve our vision of making health care understandable, affordable, high quality and member centric, Catalyst is a chance to support and mentor young businesses who embody that vision and commitment.
- Aurora: A new discreet way to test for STIs in the privacy of your own home.
- Hatch Health: A healthcare navigator website helping patients understand what comes next in their healthcare journey and find powerful tools and resources to help them along the way.
- Hearing Power: Pioneering AI technology helping people with audiological problems.
- The Good Science Co: Solutions for chronic low back pain focusing on a healthy lifestyle for sufferers.
- uPaged: A mobile-first solution delivering on-demand work to nurses.
- LEAP4WARD: A new approach to rehab targeting psychosocial barriers to enable injured workers to get back to work.
She Births was part of the second cohort of scaleups. She Births is a scientifically-verified antenatal education program which has been shown to reduce the need for medical intervention and improve outcomes for mothers and babies in public hospitals.
The 2 day course teaches parents techniques including yoga, acupressure massage, visualisation, nutrition and pain management.
How our not-for-profit status benefits our members, how the fund works, and our key partnerships.
HCF RESEARCH FOUNDATION
Launched in 2000, our Foundation funds health services research projects that benefit all Australians.
ACCESS MEDICAL RESOURCES
Knowledge is the key to making informed decisions about your health. Our medical resources offer valuable insight
Take control of your cover with the My Membership app.