What is Kids' Accident Cover?
WHAT IT'S FOR
Helps cover the extra costs that come with kids’ accidents.
WHAT IT COVERS
Covers children aged 0-17 for a number of common injuries (sustained in an accident in Australia)+.
HOW MUCH IT PAYS
Up to $100,000 lump sum payment to use as you wish+.
WHAT IT COSTS
Just 90 cents per week, per child.
ACCIDENTS MEAN MORE DOCTORS’ VISITS
Hospital costs are covered by your hospital cover, but not all injured kids are admitted to hospital. For example, arm and leg fractures are often treated at your doctors’ private room.
Health insurance can’t cover doctors’ consultations or x-rays, only Medicare can. If your provider doesn’t bulk bill, you may be left with unplanned bills, which can cost hundreds of dollars.
A lump sum payment from Kids' Accident Cover could help you pay for these and other costs if your child is injured in an accident.
WHAT DOES IT COVER?
Kids' Accident Cover pays different lump sum amounts for different injuries, based on their severity and the treatment required. Here are some examples of injuries we cover, and the amounts paid:
|Fractured arm, elbow or wrist||$250 (simple) / $500 (compound)|
|Fractured leg, ankle or knee||$500 (simple) / $1,000 (compound)|
|Permanent loss of hearing in both ears||$50,000|
|Total and permanent paralysis of all limbs||$100,000|
To see the full list of injuries covered read our Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide.
With Kids' Accident Cover you’ll also benefit from:
- No excess: you don’t pay a cent when you lodge a claim.
- No waiting period: claim for any accident that happens after your cover starts.
- Fast claims processing: on average we pay approved Kids' Accident Cover claims within 5 working days of receiving the required documents.
- One low price for all kids: 90 cents per week, per child, for all children aged 0-17.
- Cooling off period: when you receive your policy document from us, you have 30 days to check whether the policy meets your needs. Within this time you may cancel your policy by contacting us and receive a full refund of any money paid provided you haven’t made a claim.
It’s important to understand what your Kids' Accident Cover does and doesn’t cover.
- Covered accidents: to be considered an accident the injury needs to be the result of an “external, violent and visible event”. This generally includes injuries caused by slips, trips, wounds and collisions.
- It doesn’t cover injuries caused by:
- over-using or over-exerting a part of the body
- intentional self-inflicted acts
- an existing weakness or illness.
- Pre-existing conditions: Kids' Accident Cover doesn’t pay for accidents that are partly caused by a medical condition your child has been diagnosed with before you take out the policy. However any accidents unrelated to the medical condition are covered.
+ Cover excludes pre-existing conditions and accidents occurring outside Australia.