HOW TO COOK GREEK-STYLE BEEF MEATBALLS
This gluten-free, Greek-style beef meatballs recipe uses finely grated potato in place of the traditional breadcrumbs to achieve a crisp exterior with a light and fluffy centre.
- 500g beef mince
- 1 large sebago potato (or another floury variety), peeled and finely grated, excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 onion, grated, excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 egg
- Small handful of flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- Small handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Generous pinch of sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil, for pan-frying
- Tzatziki and lemon wedges, to serve
- Place all the ingredients - except the olive oil, tzatziki and lemon wedges - in a bowl and firmly mix with your hands to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then roll the mixture into 12 balls.
- Heat a good splash of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add the meatballs (in batches if necessary) and cook for 5–7 minutes, turning until browned all over and cooked through.
- Remove and drain on paper towel for a few minutes, then sprinkle over a little more chopped parsley and serve with tzatziki and lemon wedges.
Images and text from Easy Gluten Free by Helen Tzouganatos, photography by Jeremy Simons. Plum RRP $39.99
Swordfish with Crushed Olives
With its fresh and tangy flavours, Alison Roman’s recipe for swordfish with crushed olives and oregano is delicious and healthy.
Grilled Lamb Shoulder
Served over garlicky tomatoes, the flavours in Alison Roman’s lamb shoulder recipe add a whole new dimension to the meal.
One-Tray Roasted Veggies
Margaret Fulton taught generations of Australians to cook with her trustworthy, no-nonsense recipes. This simple vegetable dish is one of them.
BBQ Rosemary Lamb Loin Chops
Lamb loin chops have big natural flavours, which means they stand up well to pungent aromatics such as garlic and rosemary.