Margaret Fulton’s one-tray roasted veggies recipe perfect for dinner
Spanish roasted vegetables dish features delicious, warm and colourful veggies served with a generous chunk of bread. Look for baby eggplants in your local supermarket or farmers’ market, often long and finger shaped.
- 500g medium or baby eggplants
- 1 bunch salad onions, peeled and trimmed
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 red capsicum, halved and seeded
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Chopped parsley and pitted, halved black olives, to garnish
- In a baking dish, roast the vegetables and garlic with half the olive oil in a 180°C oven, until very soft. Cover tightly with a lid or foil and leave for 10 minutes or so to cool slightly. Uncover and skin the capsicum and eggplants, if liked, and cut into long strips. If the eggplants are baby ones, you may prefer to leave them unpeeled and whole or halved. Leave the onions whole.
- While still warm, dress with the remaining olive oil and season with the salt. Turn into a serving dish and scatter with parsley and olives.
This is an edited extract from The Margaret Fulton Cookbook published by Hardie Grant Books, RRP $29.99, and is available in stores nationally.
Photography copyright Ó Geoff Lung