Having an accident or falling ill can be unexpected. What's even more unexpected, are the costs to recover the moment you leave the hospital. That's why we created our Recover Cover range of products – a unique range of flexible life insurance options designed to help with the unexpected costs that come with recovery.
Recover Cover, another way HCF provides Uncommon Care.
Call 1800 560 855
WHY CHOOSE HCF RECOVER COVER?
With cover starting from just 90c a week, for one child under Kids' Accident Cover with no excess, it's made to fit all budgets.
No complex medical checks or underwriting when you take out cover.
We pay you cash when your claim is approved, giving you the flexibility to use it to recover your way.
WHICH RECOVER COVER IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Cash Back Cover
- Cash to help with the costs of recovery you weren't expecting – taxis to the doctor, extra rehab, hospital parking, babysitters or help if you need time off work
- Get $5,000 for accidents requiring surgery^, or for a number of serious illnesses. Excludes pre-existing conditions
- For those aged 16–60. Expires at 65
- From $2 per week, based on single cover.
- When the unexpected happens we understand the path to recovery is dotted with unexpected costs – transport, meals, cleaners, shopping and visits to the doctor
- Costs taken care of with up to $50,000 for specified injuries#, including fractures and burns, depending on your level of cover
- Apply if you’re aged 55–74. Expires at 85
- From $3.15 per week, based on single cover level of $25,000.
Kids' Accident Cover
- A fast cash payment to help your child recover from common injuries if they have an accident in Australia
- Quick help with the costs of splints, treatments, therapies, or just to keep the house running while your child gets better
- For children aged under 17 and only 90c per child/week.
- Up to 75% of your average monthly income+ (up to $6,000 per month for up to 12 months) if you can't work for more than 30 days because of an illness or injury#
- We'll help you keep the bills covered while you get back on your feet
- For those aged 18–54. Expires at 65.
- Designed to provide fast and flexible financial help when you're going through the roughest times
- We pay a lump sum if you're diagnosed with a terminal illness or when you pass away so you and your family can worry less about money
- Get up to $500,000, based on the level of cover you choose if you're diagnosed with a terminal illness++ or pass away. Get up to $1 million if you die of an accident**
- For ages 18–54. Expires at 70.
- A fast payment can ease the unexpected financial strain of serious illness – and you choose how you use it
- Get up to $50,000*, depending on your level of cover, for serious specified illnesses like heart attacks, cancers or strokes. Excludes pre-existing conditions
- For ages 18–54. Expires at 65
- Cover from $2.30 per week per person based on $25,000 single cover for an 18–34 year old.
- We can help with up to $100,000 if you require surgery after an accident, for burns or fractures# or for a range of illnesses, including cancers and certain heart conditions
- From Ubers to acupuncture, or a little extra time off work, it’s taken care of
- For ages 16–30. Expires at 65
- Cover from $7 per week based on single cover.
"Critical Illness cover can really assist financially when you are sick and need to recover"
– Liz, Recover Cover Critical Illness Customer
"It’s not about the amount of money, it’s the fact that HCF took the time to read into my claim."
– Abby, Recover Cover Kids' Accident Customer
"It provided another layer of insurance for my family."
– Vivian, Recover Cover Cash Back Customer
get started today
Talk to our friendly Recover Cover Consultants.
CALL OUR TEAM FOR EXPERT ADVICE
- Our Customer Care team answer 3,000 calls a day, on average, helping people with questions on their cover
- And we've been awarded Customer Service Institute Awards eight years in a row##.
Sub-limits and exclusions apply. Please read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide available by calling 13 13 34 or visiting hcf.com.au/life-insurance, and consider your financial situation, objectives, and needs before deciding on these products as any advice provided does not take these into account. These covers are issued by our own HCF life Insurance Company Pty Ltd. ABN 37 001 831 250, AFSL 236 806 (HCF Life). HCF Life is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Limited ABN 68 000 026 746, AFSL241 414 (HCF). The premiums for the life insurance products are paid to HCF Life. HCF receives commission from HCF Life for their sale of up to 40% of the first year's premium plus an additional commission of 80% of HCF Life's underwriting profit each year calculated as premiums less claims and expenses. HCF's staff may receive an incentive depending on the annual premium of these products which they sell. This will not exceed 15% of the first year's premium.
^Surgery must be necessary as a result of the accident and within six months of the accident.
+Payment is subject to offsets including any amounts payable from your employer or superannuation fund. Please read the PDS.
#Injury must be caused by an external violent event.
++Life expectancy of less than six months.
**Death must be due to violent, external and visible means solely and directly caused by an accident. Please read the PDS.
*No benefit will be paid for a Critical Illness if it occurs on or before the cover commencement date, or within 90 days of the cover commencing.
##2019 Year in Review