Thai chicken, herb and cashew salad
Sydney Swans’ Team Chef Courtney Roulston dishes up a dinner fit for a sporting hero.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 cups cellophane (glass) noodles
- 2 x 200g lean chicken breast, trimmed
- 1 tbs oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup unsalted roasted cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 spring onions, fi nely sliced
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves picked
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Soak the noodles in hot water according to the packet directions, then drain and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over a medium heat.
- Combine the chicken, oil, garlic and pepper in a bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Remove chicken from the heat and set aside to rest. (It will continue to cook and become tender as it rests.)
- Meanwhile, combine the drained noodles, cashews, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, spring-onions, coriander and Thai basil in a large bowl.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad. Slice the chicken into thin strips and gently fold through the salad.
- Serve immediately.