Sweet potato pancake
Made of sweet potato and zucchini, these vegie pancakes are too tasty to resist.
Makes: 8-10 pancakes
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled
- 1 large zucchini
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Greek yoghurt (optional)
- Coarsely grate the sweet potato and zucchini into a bowl and mix well.
- Squeeze to remove any excess moisture from the mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat half of the oil in a medium-sized frypan, making sure the bottom of the pan is well oiled.
- Scoop spoonfuls of mixture into the fry pan, flattening each one into pancakes as you go.
- Cook pancakes until golden brown underneath, then flip and cook the other side. (Be careful as there is nothing binding the mixture together).
- After removing the first batch of pancakes from the pan, add the other half of the oil to cook the restof the pancakes.
- Serve hot with a dollop of Greek yoghurt.
Recipe courtesy of Nina Mills, accredited practising dietician.