Grilled salmon with Asian BBQ sauce
This tasty and easy to prepare grilled salmon dish is the perfect accompaniment to a simple salad. It’s low fat and packed with nutrition.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 4 wild salmon fillets
Asian BBQ sauce
- ⅓ cup hoisin (Chinese barbecue) sauce
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp low-sodium tamari (a type of Japanese soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Prepare Asian BBQ sauce. Whisk together all ingredients and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper in small bowl (makes ½ cup). Reserve half for serving.
- Prepare lightly oiled grill for medium heat.
- Grill 4 wild salmon fillets, turning once, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Baste with half the Asian BBQ sauce during last 3 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes, drizzle with remaining sauce then serve with a salad.
Recipe courtesy of Prevention magazine.