Everyone in the family will enjoy this easy frittata. Serve with salad leaves on the side.
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 200g kumara, peeled and grated
- 1 slice 98% fat-free bacon, finely diced
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 1½ cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 7 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a large baking dish with olive oil and set aside.
- Place the onion and garlic into a saucepan with a tablespoon of water and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Place onion and garlic mixture into a large mixing bowl and stir in remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut the frittata into 6 squares and serve with a green salad.
TIP: To make this recipe as individual frittatas, spoon mixture into large muffin tins and reduce cooking time to 20 minutes.
Courtesy of the Egg Nutrition Council.