Creamy kale dip
Kale is a nutrient-dense food, so even a little bit goes a long way. Surround this recipe with a spread of crunchy dipping options.
- 1 red capsicum, halved
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- ½ cup Jalna Greek yoghurt
- 125g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp lemon rind
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1½ cups kale, finely shredded
- ¼ cup raw toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- smoked paprika, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place capsicum, skin side up, and garlic on a baking tray and roast for 20 minutes. Then transfer garlic to a board and continue roasting capsicum until lightly charred.
- Remove capsicum from the oven, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Discard capsicum skin and membrane, and peel the garlic. Then place the capsicum, garlic, yoghurt, chickpeas, lemon juice and chilli flakes in a food processor (or use a handheld blender).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and blend ingredients until smooth. Add kale (reserving a tablespoon for garnish) and process for a few more seconds.
- Transfer the dip to a serving dish. Sprinkle with almonds, smoked paprika, lemon rind and remaining kale. Serve with toasted sourdough.
Recipe courtesy of Jalna.