Top level hospital cover for up to 90 days
With Accident Safeguard you’ll get the benefits of our top level of hospital cover for up to 90 days if you’re in an Accident. This means that we’ll cover you for services that are normally excluded or only entitled to Minimum Benefits under your cover – even in a participating private hospital.
Some conditions apply so please check the eligibility criteria below. Accident Safeguard is available to eligible Policyholders from 1 March 2018. Check your Product Summary to see if you’re covered.
- You must seek treatment at a Hospital accident and emergency department within 24 hours of the Accident. It may be necessary to provide evidence to HCF that you sought such treatment. Note that HCF does not pay Benefits for accident and emergency department attendances.
- Benefits are limited to in-patient Hospital Treatment for services with a valid Medicare Benefits Schedule item.
- Excludes elective cosmetic surgery and podiatric surgery by an accredited podiatrist
- Accident Safeguard can apply if you are admitted initially for immediate treatment and/or sent home after the emergency department consult but admitted at a later date for treatment directly resulting from the Accident, as long as the re-admission date is within 90 days of the Accident.
- If you are discharged and further in-patient treatment is needed you must be re-admitted to hospital within 90 days of the date of the Accident. Any readmissions for Hospital Treatment after the initial 90 days will be assessed as per the level of benefits on your cover, i.e. Minimum Benefits or nil Benefits if for an Excluded Service
- If you have an Accident and require Treatment, you may be asked to complete and provide an Accident or incident form. The form can be downloaded from hcf.com.au/forms or contact us on 13 13 34.
- Benefits are not payable for expenses incurred in relation to an injury where compensation, damages or benefits may be claimed from another source.