Wild rice, pea and broccoli salad
This delicious salad is loaded with ingredients to fire up your system and satisfy your appetite.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup wild rice
- 400g broccoli, cut into small florets
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup slivered almonds, dry roasted
- ¼ cup fresh mint, shredded
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water according to the instructions, about 50 minutes. Rinse well and set aside.
- Place the broccoli in a steamer for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Combine the broccoli and peas with the rice, almonds and fresh mint.
- In a separate bowl mix together the olive oil, lemon juice and season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Prevention magazine.