Swordfish with crushed olives and oregano recipe
With its fresh and tangy flavours, this recipe for swordfish with crushed olives and oregano is delicious and healthy.
- 300g (2 cups) Castelvetrano or other mild green olives, pitted and crushed
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 6 oregano or marjoram sprigs, leaves picked
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil, plus extra 2 tbsp
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 swordfish steaks, about 225-280g each, and 2.5-3cm thick
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp parsley leaves, tender leaves and stems
- 2 lemons, halved
- Combine the olives, vinegar, half the oregano leaves, and the 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and leave to sit while you cook the swordfish.
- Season the swordfish with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a very large skillet. Working in batches if necessary, add the swordfish steaks, making sure they have a little space between one another. Cook until the steaks are a deep golden brown on one side, 5-7 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the steaks and cook until they are equally golden brown on the other side, another 4-6 minutes.
- Transfer the fish to a large serving platter or even a baking dish. Add the garlic to the pan and cook until just softened, 1-2 minutes. Add the olive mixture and remove from the heat.
- Spoon some of the olive mixture over the fish and set aside for a few minutes, to allow the sauce to marinate and really get to know that fish.
- Scatter with the parsley and remaining oregano. Serve with the remaining olive mixture, and the lemon halves for squeezing over.
Images and text from Nothing Fancy by Alison Roman, photography by Michael Graydon and Nikole Herriott. Hardie Grant Books RRP $45.00.
GRILLED SEAFOOD WITH BEANS
The perfect seafood salad – light, healthy and easy on the barbie.
CAJUN BLACKENED SALMON MOJITO
This salmon recipe is perfect to whip up when you’re in a hurry but still want a delicious dinner.
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN RECIPE
You can make endless variations of this chicken dish, and it works with lots of different vegies.
SALMON SALAD WITH GRAPEFRUIT
This smoked salmon salad has beautiful spring flavours of avocado and grapefruit