Grilled corn, potato and baby spinach salad
Colourful ingredients and a delicious smoky flavour make this tasty salad a popular choice.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 (or 4 as a side dish)
- 2 corn cobs, hull removed
- 1 tomato
- 2 medium potatoes cut into thick chip style pieces
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs maple syrup or honey
- Spray of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat barbecue or griddle pan.
- Spray potatoes with olive oil. Place on barbecue grill and cook for 15 mins. Keep turning, you want a nice grill mark on all sides.
- Spray corn cobs with olive oil. Grill for 10-12 mins, turning every couple of minutes so all sides are cooked. Take off, and with a sharp knife slice the kernels off the cob, set aside. Remove potato from grill when cooked.
- Lay spinach on a plate, evenly. Place potato on top, and then gently place corn around plate. Chop tomato into medium size chunks, place on plate and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl or cup mix the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle over the salad.
- Serve on its own or as a side with grilled chicken or steak.
Recipe courtesy of weightloss.com.au.