Beetroot and feta salad
Quick and easy, this salad has contrasting flavours and makes a delicious lunch dish on its own or with extra protein added – try hard-boiled eggs or grilled meat.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 50g mixed lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 450g can baby beets, drained
- ½ cup canned cannellini beans, drained
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 30g Greek feta
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic (or red wine) vinegar
- Place the lettuce leaves on the base of a large plate.
- Layer the beetroot, beans, cucumber, spring onions and feta on top.
- Dress with olive oil and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of weightloss.com.au.