Banana, pecan, chia and strawberry pancakes
This pancake recipe is packed full of fruit for a healthy twist.
These vegan pancakes are a great way to get a good serving of fruit. Try swapping out strawberries for other berries, and adding a dash of vanilla essence or a pinch of other spices such as ground nutmeg and cardamom.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup soy milk
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- ⅓ cup plain or wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 ripe banana, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 1 tbs pecans, lightly crushed
- 1 tbs pure maple syrup
- Put the oats, soy milk, salt, cinnamon, flour, baking powder, chia seeds and banana into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Drizzle olive oil into a large non-stick frying pan and heat over medium – low heat. Use a scrunched-up piece of paper towel to evenly rub the oil over the base of the pan.
- Using ¼ cup mixture per pancake, cook 2–3 pancakes (allowing room for pancakes to spread) for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface.
- Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes or until cooked through. Repeat to make 8 pancakes.
- Serve pancakes topped with the strawberries, sprinkled with pecans and drizzled with maple syrup.
This is an edited extract from SuperNatural by Tobie Puttock, RRP $39.99.