WIN A $1,000 VISA E-GIFT CARD WITH HCF’S 12 GIFTS OF CHRISTMAS
This Christmas, we're giving you the chance to win something more useful than a partridge in a pear tree.
Shop and save with HCF Thank You this Christmas and you could win 1 of 12 $1,000 Visa Gift cards.
Simply buy a discounted e-Gift card through HCF Thank You between now and 13 December 2023 and you’ll automatically go in the draw. So not only will you enjoy discounts on e-Gift cards for groceries and other essentials, you could also be taking home a $1,000 Visa e-Gift card.
Want to increase your chance of winning? Each e-Gift card you buy before 13 December 2023 gives you 1 entry, so the more e-Gift cards you buy, the more chances you have to win.
Choose from a range of e-Gift cards for retail, entertainment, lifestyle and travel and get your Christmas shopping sorted.
HCF Thank You: helping you shop, save and win this holiday season.
HCF Thank You Christmas Competition 2023 Terms and Conditions
- By entering the HCF Thank You Christmas Competition 2023 (competition), you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them. Information on how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being run by The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Limited (ABN 68 000 026 746) of Level 5, 403 George Street Sydney NSW 2000 (Promoter). To contact the Promoter, please call 1300 363 992.
WHO CAN ENTER
- To be eligible to enter the competition you must:
- reside in Australia;
- be 18 years or older;
- have a valid telephone number and a valid email address;
- be a current HCF member (not suspended) with an eligible product for at least 8 days as at Thursday 9 November 2023; and
- be up to date with your premium payments.
- HCF members with Overseas Visitors Health Cover, Ambulance Only Cover or ineligible HCF Life products do not have access to HCF Thank You and therefore cannot enter.
- Employees, directors or officers of the Promoter, any companies or agencies associated with this competition, or their immediate families, are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
HOW TO ENTER
- The competition period commences at 12:01am AEST/AEDT on Thursday 9 November 2023 and ends at 11:59pm AEST/AEDT on Wednesday 13 December 2023 (competition period), and the Promoter reserves the right to extend the competition end date at any time (subject to regulatory approval).
- To enter the competition, you must, during the competition period:
- log in or register your details at hcf.com.au/member-login; and
- purchase an e-Gift Card through the HCF Thank You rewards webpage hcf.com.au/memberservices/mycover/hcf-thank-you:
- Eligible entrants who do not wish to participate in the competition can opt-out by emailing email@example.com before 11:59pm AEST/AEDT on Wednesday 13 December 2023 and they will be removed from the competition.
- After making an eligible purchase, you will be entered into the prize draw. There is no limit on the number of entries.
- Entrants should use the same name and billing address details when completing their purchase, as are recorded under their HCF account, provided these details are accurate and up to date.
- Purchases must be made through the HCF Thank You webpage.
- No late entries will be accepted. Incomplete or incoherent entries will be invalid. Cancelled orders will be invalid.
- A valid purchase or redemption is required as a point of entry however there is no additional cost to enter the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Each prize is an ACTIV Visa Prepaid Card valued at AUD $1,000 at the publishing date of these terms and conditions. The total prize pool value is AUD $12,000. Each entrant goes into the draw to win one of 12 $1,000 ACTIV Visa Prepaid Cards available.
- The method of entry for each prize has been outlined above.
- Each prize will be randomly drawn and assigned to each winner.
- The prizes will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other prize.
- The ACTIV Visa Prepaid Card is subject to Visa's full terms and conditions available on their website activgiftcard.com.au/terms-conditions/
- If a prize is not available for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with another item of equal or greater value if the winner agrees in writing and subject to any approvals from regulatory authorities. If the winner does not agree despite reasonable attempts by the Promoter to reach an agreement and the prize is not available due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may substitute the prize with another item or items determined by the Promoter to be of equal or higher value.
SELECTION OF WINNER
- The winners will be chosen at random by manual draw which will take place at 11:00am AEST/AEDT on Monday 18 December 2023 at the Promoter's offices at Level 5, 403 George Street Sydney NSW 2000.
- The first 12 valid entries drawn will win the prize.
- The winners will be personally notified by email and telephone by Tuesday 19 December 2023.
- The name of the winners will be published on the Promoter's website at https://www.hcf.com.au/Campaigns/thank-you-christmas-2023 by Wednesday 20 December 2023.
- The results of the draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw. This is a game of chance.
- The Promoter must distribute the prizes to the winners within 28 days of the winners responding to HCF notifying them of the outcome of the draw, at no cost to the winners.
SECOND CHANCE DRAW
- If a winner does not respond within 3 months of being notified that they have won the competition, that winner is not readily identified and reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter to identify the winner were unsuccessful, they will automatically forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner through a second chance draw.
- If necessary, a second chance draw will be held on Monday 18 March 2024 at the same time and place as the first draw. The first valid entry drawn will win any unclaimed prize.
- The winner/s will be personally notified by email and telephone by Tuesday 19 March 2024.
- Winners drawn on 18 December will not be eligible to win again in the second chance draw.
- The name of the winner/s will be published on the Promoter's website at https://www.hcf.com.au/Campaigns/thank-you-christmas-2023 by Thursday 21 March 2024.
- The results of any second chance draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw.
- HCF will distribute the prize/s to the winner/s within 28 days of the winners responding to HCF notifying them of the outcome of the draw, at no cost to the winners.
- If a second chance draw winner does not respond within 3 months of being notified that they have won the competition, that winner is not readily identified and reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter to identify the winner were unsuccessful, they will automatically forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to donate the prize.
- Subject to regulatory approval, the Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition and its terms and conditions at any time, and will notify entrants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably practicable on the competition page at https://www.hcf.com.au/memberservices/mycover/hcf-thank-you and via email at least [seven] days in advance if the amendment is detrimental to the entrants. It is the entrant's responsibility to regularly check the competition page for any non-detrimental amendments. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports limit, exclude or modify the Promoter's liability in relation to the consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes liability to you for any type of indirect loss or liability incurred by you arising in any way out of the competition including any tax liability incurred by the winners or entrants or use of the prize, loss or damage to you arising from any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (not under the Promoter’s control), unauthorised access or third party interference relating to the conduct of the competition, except to the extent the Promoter has caused such liability.
- To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), if the competition is not capable of running as planned including by reason of technical failure, fraud or any cause beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may cancel or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries, subject to regulatory approval, and will notify entrants of any such cancellation or suspension of the competition as soon as practicable on the competition page at https://www.hcf.com.au/Campaigns/thank-you-christmas-2023 and via email.
- By entering the competition, the winners may agree to participate in such reasonable promotional activity as the Promoter may require without remuneration. The Promoter will seek the consent of the winner to participate in the promotional activity.
- Each winner also consents to the use and publication of their name, image and any other details provided by the winner in any marketing material without any further reference or payment to the winner. The Promotor will notify the winner at least 7 days prior to the marketing material being published and notify the winner of the types of details to be used in the marketing material. If the winner does not wish to have their details published in marketing material, you can opt-out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the competition, comply with its legal obligations as the Promoter and for the purpose of running the competition. For these purposes, the Promoter may disclose such personal information to related companies, agents, regulatory bodies, contractors, service providers and any company with whom the Promoter is running the competition. These recipients may be located overseas. If you do not provide all the personal information we request, you may not be able to participate in the competition.
- By entering the competition, you consent for participating providers to give HCF your personal information, including your name, email address and contact phone number, should you win one of the draws for the purpose of providing you with the prize.
- By participating in this competition, entrants release and hold harmless Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability associated with this competition to the extent permitted by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law). The Promoter and entrants acknowledge that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Entrants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings, including fringe benefits tax. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The laws of New South Wales apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales.
- ACT permit no. TP 23/02180
- NSW authority no. TP/03056
- SA licence no. T23/1687