Protein, vegies, wholegrains... these tacos cover all the good-food bases.
- 2 150g whitefish fillets such as snapper or barramundi
- juice of 2 limes
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved, with seeds scraped out
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ¼ bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado
- 4 wholemeal tortillas
- In a shallow bowl or plate cover fish with the juice of 1 lime, cumin and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- For the salsa: grate the cucumber and garlic into a bowl. Finely slice the chilli and add to the mix. Chop the coriander leaves and stir in, along with the sliced spring onions. Stir in a tablespoon of olive oil, the juice of half a lime and a pinch of salt. Finally, add the halved cherry tomatoes and set aside.
- Preheat a non-stick fry pan over high heat. Place the fish in the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, halve the avocado and remove the seed. Scrape out the flesh and combine in a food processor with a tablespoon of olive oil, the juice of half a lime and a pinch of salt.
- Remove the fish from the pan and flake with a fork or tongs. Warm the tortillas, if desired. Then spread each tortilla with the avocado mixture, top with flaked fish and salsa. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Themis Chryssidis, accredited practising dietician, Sprout Cooking School.