HCF Gold Coast Family Adventure Competition TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
- These terms and conditions of entry into “HCF Gold Coast Family Adventure Competition” are authorised under SA Permit No. T19/1574, NSW Permit No. LTP LTPS/19/38208, and ACT Permit No. ACT TP 19/04205.
- The Promoter is The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Limited (ABN 68 000 026 746) of Level 5, 403 George Street Sydney NSW 2000 ("Promoter").
- The “HCF Gold Coast Family Adventure Competition” commences at 8:00am AEST on Tuesday 24 September 2019 and ends at 11:59pm AEST on Wednesday 23 October 2019 ("Promotion Period").
- Entry is only open to HCF policyholders (with a current HCF policy, not a suspended or lapsed HCF policy) who are residents of Australia aged 18 years and over, have a valid telephone number and a valid email address (“Eligible Entrants”). Where applicable all Eligible Entrants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to redeem their prize.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of HCF and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. An ‘immediate family member’ includes any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- To enter and be eligible to win, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Promotion Period:
a. log in or register your details at hcf.com.au/member-login; andb. purchase a Woolworths, WISH or Big W e-Gift card through the HCF Thank You rewards webpage at www.hcf.com.au
- 8. Only one (1) entry per Eligible Entrant is permitted during the Promotion Period, regardless of how many e-Gift cards are purchased. Any subsequent entry after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter however not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid.
- 9. Lost or stolen e-Gift Cards will not be replaced or refunded. Visit the website of the relevant retailer for full terms and conditions of the e-Gift Cards.
- 10. The total prize pool value is AUD $6,000. The prize consists of:
a. Village Roadshow Super Pass tickets for the winner and four guests (5 tickets in total) to the Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World and Wet'n'Wild adventure parks on the Gold Coast over seven consecutive days;b. 5x economy class return flights from the winner’s nearest major airport to the Gold Coast (includes flights and associated taxes);c. 5x nights’ accommodation in a 2-bedroom room at the Sea World Resort; andd. Hire car from Coolangatta up to the value of $500
- Travel insurance is not included in the prize and we strongly recommend it is taken by the winner before travel.
- Prize does not include transfers between the winner's home and the nearest major airport. Prize does not include any other costs you might incur in participating in the prize such as meal costs and spending money.
- The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash, returned for a refund, or transferred to any other person.
- All travel, accommodation and the Village Roadshow Super Pass tickets must be booked within 12 months from the date the winner is notified that they have won the prize. Availability of the flight component of this prize cannot be guaranteed during peak periods including but not limited to the Christmas period, school holidays or special event periods. The accommodation has a block out period from 18/12/2019 – 05/01/2020.
- The winner will be determined by random draw at 10:00am AEST on Thursday 31 October 2019 at 10.00am and conducted manually the Promoter’s premises, being Level 5, 403 George Street Sydney NSW. The first valid entry randomly drawn will be deemed the winner and have the opportunity to accept the prize. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to contact the winner as set out below in clause 19.
- This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winner.
- The Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
- The winner will be notified by phone and in writing (email) using the details provided at the time of entry and their name will be published at www.hcf.com.au within two days of the draw. To claim the prize the winner must respond in writing (email).
- In the event that the prize remains unclaimed, after reasonable attempts have been made to contact the winner, an unclaimed prize draw will occur on 13 January 2020 at the same time and address as the original draw. The unclaimed prize winner will be notified in writing and published at www.hcf.com.au within two days of the unclaimed prize draw.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
- Incomplete, illegible and incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third-party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of HCF, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, HCF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any individual; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investment Commissions Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, HCF (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this Promotion.
- Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions of entry. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the Promotion, the entrant understands and agrees that the Promoter may use and disclose the information provided by the entrant on the terms and for the purposes (including marketing) set out in the Promoter’s Privacy Statement available at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/about-HCF/governance-and-structure/policies/privacy-policy or by calling 1300 363 992, as if they were a customer of the Promoter. The entrant agrees that the Promoter can continue to contact them even after this Promotion ends. If the entrant would like to access or correct the personal information that the Promoter holds about the entrant, or if the entrant does not wish the information to be disclosed, the entrant should advise the Promoter by phoning 1300 363 992.
- By entering into the Promotion, the entrant agrees and acknowledges that:
a. they may be contacted by the Promoter to provide comments about the competition and the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) may take photos and video of them and collect comments from them on the day the prizes are awarded or while participating in a prize. References to comments about the competition, photos, videos and entry details are collectively, the "Materials";b. the Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at any time, anywhere, and by any means. The Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;c. without limiting clause 29(b), the Promotor may use the Materials for the purposes of marketing the Promotion and the Promotor, including on the Promotor's social media sites;d. they grant to the Promoter on creation of the Materials a royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the Materials for whatever purpose;e. they unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given ("Moral Rights");f. they waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia; andg. they agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of their Moral Rights in the Materials.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the Prize.