Why choose the Daybreak Program?
Life is full of challenges – and how we deal with them is different for everyone. If you find you’re drinking more to get through tough times, we can help you take the first step to changing your relationship with alcohol for the better.
HCF has partnered with non-profit Hello Sunday Morning to give members free access to additional services offered by Daybreak - an anonymous alcohol support program.
Connecting you with an online community of like-minded people facing the same challenges, the program provides access to Hello Sunday Morning trained health coaches and Daybreak Care Navigators for guidance in the app and other additional benefits available to HCF members.
Daybreak offers a welcoming and safe environment to help you change your drinking habits to benefit your health.
The Daybreak app is currently free for all Australian residents. As an HCF member aged 18 and over, you’ll receive additional benefits at no cost to you, including:
- Access to Hello Sunday Morning trained health coaches
- Personalised assessment to help you achieve your alcohol behaviour change goals
- Mobile alerts explaining what to expect from Daybreak
- A special digital care pack of reading materials for a positive mental mindset
- Personalised care plans co-designed with your Daybreak Care Navigator
- Guidance to find other relevant health and wellbeing programs from HCF
Plus, the usual support from the Daybreak app, including:
- Help staying focused on reaching your personal goals
- Reassurance and support from a non-judgemental community
FEEL THE BENEFITS OF DAYBREAK
FIND THE RIGHT SUPPORT FOR YOU
HCF is committed to showing you a level of care that’s uncommon and we’re with you every step of the way, wherever and whenever you need our support.
You can access:
- A personalised invitation to Hello Sunday Morning trained health coaches with access to six interactive topics and associated chat sessions with a coach to help support you
- An evaluation of your alcohol consumption level with guidance and support in the app to create your own alcohol behaviour change goals.
- Alerts sent to you explaining what to expect from the Daybreak program and how to stay focused on reaching your personal goals with help from HCF.
- Reassurance and support from a non-judgemental, like-minded community facing the same challenges as you.
- Informative reading material to help you maintain healthy levels of alcohol consumption and a positive mental mindset, as well as support during Covid-19. This care pack will also include information about other programs available through your HCF membership and level of cover, including PSYCH2U and GP2U, as well as how to access Medicare-funded services that are right for your health needs.
HOW TO SIGN UP TO YOUR DAYBREAK PROGRAM
COVID: 5 WAYS TO REDUCE STRESS
Prioritising good mental health is always important. But, during COVID-19, it’s essential.
ARE YOU DRINKING TOO MUCH?
Here’s how to know if drinking is affecting your health.
BE YOUR OWN HEALTH ADVOCATE
How being an active participant in your health care can help you live a longer, healthier life.
6 HABITS THAT MAKE ANXIETY WORSE
We asked experts to pinpoint the common daily activities that can cause anxiety.
I have more questions about the program – who can I speak to?
You can email our Health and Wellbeing Team who are here to help: firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our friendly experts will aim to get back to you in two business days.
How do I know if I’m eligible to access the Daybreak program and its services?
Currently, all Australian residents age 18 and above can access the free Daybreak program. To receive the additional services, you need to be an HCF member aged 18 or above. Get in touch with us here.
How can I be sure that HCF won't pass on my confidential information to Hello Sunday Morning?
How is my Daybreak experience different to a non-HCF member who downloads the app?
HCF has worked closely with Hello Sunday Morning to create an experience that’s customised for HCF members, giving members access to extra services and HCF programs that help you reach your personal goals.
How are Hello Sunday Morning and Daybreak related?
Hello Sunday Morning is a registered charity that helps people change their relationship with alcohol for improved health and wellbeing. They have created the digital Daybreak app, which is available to download on your smartphone or as a web-based program, and which provides community support and access to trained health coaches. It’s private and keeps your details confidential and secure.
Does using the Daybreak app affect my health insurance costs?
No, using the Daybreak app through your HCF membership does not affect your membership cost or level of cover with HCF in any way.
If you're struggling with depression and/or anxiety, and need to speak to someone now, call Lifeline on 13 11 14.