HCF members on the following products receive free overseas travel insurance:
- Fit and Free
- Young Starter
- Premium Hospital
- Mid Plus Hospital with Silver Plus Extras, Gold Extras or Platinum Extras
- Top Plus Hospital* (with travel)
*As a Top Plus Hospital policyholder, you are only eligible for free travel insurance is this bonus cover was awarded to you as part of an HCF promotion. To determine if you are eligible for free cover, please call us on 13 13 34
If you are eligible for free overseas travel insurance, the cover includes:
- Unlimited sum insured for overseas medical and hospital emergency expenses
- Cover for overseas emergency dental expenses as a result of injury
- Cover for flight cancellation costs
- Cover for extra expenses caused by scheduled transport delays
- Up to $5,000 towards overseas hospitalisation
- Up to $10,000 for accidental loss of luggage (sub-limits apply)
- Up to $100,000 for accidental death
- Up to $300 for emergency replacement of delayed luggage
- Up to $2,000 for rental vehicle excess
- Cover for costs of replacing personal travel documents
- Up to $2,500,000 for personal liability
- A 24 hour emergency assistance hotline.
Available to eligible members aged 74 and under and excludes pre-existing conditions.
Conditions of use Downloads
Premium Hospital and Mid Plus Hospital with Extras Overseas Travel Insurance
Young Starter Overseas Travel Insurance
Fit and Free Overseas Travel Insurance
Top Plus Hospital with Travel Overseas Travel Insurance
* The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Limited (HCF) has obtained overseas travel insurance under a Master Policy issued by AIG Australia Limited (AIG), ABN 93 004 727 753, AFSL 381686. It is intended that this overseas travel insurance cover will remain in place while you remain an eligible HCF policyholder, however we reserve the right to remove or alter the cover by giving you 30 days notice. The terms, conditions and exclusions of the overseas travel insurance are specified in the ‘Conditions of Use’ documents above and may be amended from time to time.
AIG Australia Limited (AIG), ABN 93 004 727 753, AFSL 381686 is the insurer under the Master Policy issued to The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Ltd (“HCF”) covering overseas travel insurance benefits for eligible HCF policyholders.