HCF members on the following cover receive complimentary overseas travel insurance:
- HCF Fit and Free Silver Plus
- HCF My Future Basic Plus^
- HCF Hospital Gold
- HCF Hospital Silver Plus with HCF Top Extras, HCF Vital Extras or HCF Mid Extras
- Top Advanced Hospital Gold* (with travel)
^ For former members of Young Starter who merged to HCF My Future Basic Plus from 1 April 2019, your complimentary overseas travel insurance has the same level of cover and conditions of use. Please refer to the HCF My Future Basic Plus conditions of use.
* As a Top Advanced Hospital Gold policyholder, you are only eligible for complimentary travel insurance if this bonus cover was awarded to you as part of an HCF promotion during the period 1st November 2008 to 31st December 2009. To determine if you're eligible for complimentary cover, please call us on 13 13 34.
If you're eligible for free overseas travel insurance, the cover includes:
- unlimited sum insured for overseas medical and hospital emergency expenses
- cover for overseas emergency dental expenses as a result of injury
- cover for flight cancellation costs
- cover for extra expenses caused by scheduled transport delays
- up to $5,000 towards overseas hospitalisation
- up to $10,000 for accidental loss of luggage (sub-limits apply)
- up to $100,000 for accidental death
- up to $300 for emergency replacement of delayed luggage
- up to $2,000 for rental vehicle excess
- cover for costs of replacing personal travel documents
- up to $2,500,000 for personal liability
- a 24 hour emergency assistance hotline.
If you aren't eligible for this complimentary overseas travel insurance, or the cover doesn't meet your needs, here are some alternatives you may like to consider.
- this cover is available to members aged 74 and under
- pre-existing medical conditions aren't covered
- maximum duration of coverage is 90 consecutive days
- available only if HCF membership is current and paid up (e.g. if you suspend your HCF health cover when you travel overseas you won't be eligible for complimentary overseas travel insurance.)
Conditions of use Downloads
HCF Hospital Gold Overseas Travel Insurance
HCF Hospital Silver Plus with HCF Top Extras, HCF Vital Extras or HCF Mid Extras Overseas Travel Insurance
HCF My Future Basic Plus Overseas Travel Insurance
HCF Fit and Free Silver Plus Overseas Travel Insurance
Top Advanced Hospital Gold Overseas Travel Insurance
* The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Limited (HCF) ABN 68 000 026 746 (AFSL 241414) has arranged for overseas travel insurance cover (Cover) under and by way of a master policy issued by AIG Australia Limited ABN 93 004 727 753, AFSL 381 686 (AIG) to HCF. This Cover is available to you while you remain a HCF Fit and Free Silver Plus, Top Advanced Hospital Gold (only where purchased during the relevant promotional period), HCF Hospital Gold, HCF Hospital Silver Plus (when combined with HCF Top Extras, HCF Vital Extras or HCF Mid Extras), or HCF My Future Basic Plus policyholder, subject to our or AIG's right to remove or alter the Cover on 30 days’ notice. The terms, conditions and Excluded Services of the Cover are specified in the ‘Conditions of Use’ (above) as amended, and must be reviewed to make sure that the Cover meets your needs.
HCF is not the issuer or insurer of the Cover but has arranged this Cover with AIG. Neither HCF nor any of its related corporations guarantee any of the benefits under the Cover. HCF does not hold anything on trust for, or for the benefit of, or on behalf of, you in relation to this Cover. If you meet the eligibility criteria, this Cover is provided at no additional cost to you. HCF does not receive any commission or remuneration from AIG for arranging this Cover. Neither HCF nor any of its related corporations are Authorised Representatives (under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) of AIG and any financial service provided by HCF in relation to the Cover is under their own AFSL. Access to the Cover is provided to you solely by the statutory operation of section 48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). This means that any eligible or admitted claim you make under the Master Policy will be covered and paid by AIG.