TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY INTO HCF Eyecare Survey promotion
1) Instructions on how to participate in this Promotion (defined below) and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. This Promotion is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
2) The Promotion is conducted by The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Ltd (A.B.N 68 000 026 746) of HCF House, 403 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 (“HCF” or “Promoter”).
3) The ‘HCF Eyecare Survey promotion’ (“Promotion”) is only available to New South Wales residents who:
a) are existing HCF policy holders prior to the start of the Promotion (with a current HCF policy, not a suspended or lapsed HCF policy); and
b) have Optical Extras cover as part of their HCF policy (excluding Overseas Visitors Health Cover); and
c) have been directly emailed a link to the HCF Eyecare Survey by HCF; and
d) have completed the HCF Eyecare Survey by 11:59pm AEDT 24th February 2021 as required below at 7).
4) Employees of HCF, their partners, agents and suppliers associated with the Promotion and each of their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
5) Eligible Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this Promotion.
6) The Promotion commences at 09:00am AEDT on Monday, 15th February 2021 and ends at 11:59pm AEDT on Wednesday, 24th February 2021 (“Promotional Period”). All times and dates are in AEDT as per local NSW time. HCF reserves the right to extend the Promotion end date at any time.
7) To be eligible to receive an automatic entry into the draw, eligible individuals must, during the Promotional Period, click on the HCF Eyecare Survey link they have been emailed and complete the HCF Eyecare survey.
8) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and members (including a member’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who HCF has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the Promotion or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at HCF’s discretion. Failure by HCF to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. HCF’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9) No late entries will be accepted. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
10) Each entrant is permitted one (1) entry into the Promotion and only one (1) entry is permitted per HCF policy.
11) There is no cost to enter.
12) The draw will take place at HCF House, Level 8, 403 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 on Monday, 1st March 2021 at 11:00am AEDT and will be drawn manually. The winners will be notified in writing by Tuesday, 2nd March 2020 and their name will be published online at www.hcf.com.au on Friday, 5th March 2020. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in each draw and record them in order in case of an invalid entry.
13) The Promoter’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. This is a game of chance.
14) The first 20 valid entries drawn will each win a Woolworths gift card valued at AUD$50 (“Gift Card”). The Promoter will distribute the Gift Cards to the winners within 28 days of the draw.
15) The Gift Card, or any unused portion of the Gift Card, cannot be redeemed for cash, reloaded, exchanged, returned for a refund, have their balances consolidated to a new Gift Card, or be replaced after expiry and are not legal tender, account cards, credit or debit cards or securities. The Gift Card is not transferable to another person.
16) If a winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
17) Total prize pool value is AUD$1,000.
18) The prize does not include any costs associated with redeeming the prize.
19) If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal or greater value and/or specification if the winner agrees in writing and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. If the winner does not agree despite reasonable attempts by the Promoter to reach an agreement and the prize is not available due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may substitute the prize with another item or items determined by the Promoter to be of equal or higher value.
20) If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
21) If for any reason a winner does not take/redeem a prize within three (3) months of being notified that they have won the competition, and reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter to identify the winner, then that prize will be forfeited and the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner through a second chance draw.
22) A draw for any unclaimed prize may take place on Tuesday, 1st June 2021 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published online at hcf.com.au/eyecare-survey-promotion-tc on Friday, 11th June 2021. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any unclaimed prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter will distribute the Gift Card to the winner within 28 days of the unclaimed prize draw.
23) Subject to regulatory approval, the Promoter reserves the right to amend the Promotion and its terms and conditions at any time and for any reason, and will notify entrants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably practicable on the Promotion page at hcf.com.au. It is the entrant's responsibility to regularly check the Promotion page for any amendments.
24) If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of HCF, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, HCF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
a) to disqualify any individual; or
b) subject to regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
25) Any cost associated with accessing the Internet in respect of this Promotion is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
26) Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Consumer Law, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, HCF (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion including:
a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions;
e) any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or
f) use of the prize.
27) By entering the Promotion, the winner/s agrees to participate in such promotional activity as the Promoter may require without remuneration. Each winner also consents to the use and publication of their name, image and any other details provided by the winner in any marketing material without any further reference or payment to the winner.
29) By entering the Promotion, you consent to the Promoter using your personal information to send you information about the Promoter's products and services, including by email.
30) The laws of New South Wales apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of New South Wales.