HCF ThankYou SD Survey competition terms and conditions
- By completing the "HCF ThankYou SD Survey" competition (competition), you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them. Information on how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being run by Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Ltd ABN 68 000 026 746 of Level 5, 403 George Street Sydney NSW 2000 (Promoter). To contact the Promoter, please call 1300 363 992.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- To be eligible to enter the competition you must:
- reside in Australia;
- be 18 years or older;
- have a valid telephone number and a valid email address;
- be the main policyholder of a current active HCF policy (not suspended) issued under an eligible product (a HCF product that is not listed below) for at least 8 days as at Monday 25 April 2022;
- be eligible for the HCF Thank You program;
- be up to date with your policy payments;
- be subscribed to receive marketing and promotional communications;
- not have opted out of the HCF Thankyou: Downton Abbey 2 2022 competition; and
- received an email link to the HCF ThankYou SD Survey.
Ineligible HCF policyholders:
- HCF policyholders with Overseas Visitors Health Cover, Ambulance Only Cover or HCF Life products do not have access to HCF Thank You and therefore cannot enter.
- Employees, directors or officers of the Promoter, any companies or agencies associated with this competition, or their immediate families, are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
HOW TO ENTER
- The competition period commences at 9am AEST on Monday 16 May 2022 and ends at 11.59pm AEST on Sunday 5 June 2022 (competition period), and the Promoter reserves the right to extend the competition end date at any time (subject to regulatory approval).
- To enter the competition, you must complete the HCF ThankYou SD Survey during the competition period.
- No late entries will be accepted. Incomplete or incoherent entries will be invalid.
- A limit of one entry to the competition per policyholder applies.
- There is no cost to enter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- The prizes are 30 WISH vouchers valued at AUD $100 each as at the publishing date of these terms and conditions. The total prize value is AUD $3,000.
- The prizes do not include any costs associated with redeeming the prize.
- The prizes will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other prize.
- If a prize is not available for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with another item of equal or greater value if the winner agrees in writing and subject to any approvals from regulatory authorities. If the winner does not agree despite reasonable attempts by the Promoter to reach an agreement and the prize is not available due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may substitute the prize with another item or items determined by the Promoter to be of equal or higher value.
SELECTION OF WINNER
- The winners will be chosen at random by draw which will take place at 12.00pm AEST on Wednesday 8 June 2022 at the Promoter's premises at Level 5, 403 George Street Sydney NSW 2000.
- The first 30 valid entries drawn will win the prizes as described above.
- The winners will be personally notified by email by Friday 10 June 2022.
- The names of the winners will be published on the Promoter's website at www.hcf.com.au/SD by Wednesday 15 June 2022.
- The results of the draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw. This is a game of chance.
- The Promoter must distribute the prizes to the winners within 28 days of the draw.
SECOND CHANCE DRAW
- If a winner does not respond within 3 months of being notified that they have won the competition, that winner is not readily identified and reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter to identify the winner were unsuccessful, they will automatically forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner through a second chance draw.
- If necessary, a second chance draw will be held on 31 August 2022 at the same time and place as the first draw. The first valid entry drawn will win any unclaimed prize.
- The winners will be personally notified by email by Friday 2 September 2022.
- The name of the winner/s will be published on the Promoter's website at www.hcf.com.au/SD by 23 September 2022.
- The results of any second chance draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw.
- The Promoter must distribute the prize/s to the winners within 28 days of the draw.
- Subject to regulatory approval, the Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition and its terms and conditions at any time and for any reason, and will notify entrants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably practicable on the competition page at www.hcf.com.au/SD. It is the entrant's responsibility to regularly check the competition page for any amendments.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports limit, exclude or modify the Promoter's liability in relation to the consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition including:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or
- use of the prize.
- To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), if the competition is not capable of running as planned including by reason of technical failure, fraud or any cause beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may cancel or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries, subject to regulatory approval.
- By entering the competition, the winners agrees to participate in such promotional activity as the Promoter may require without remuneration. Each winner also consents to the use and publication of their name, image and any other details provided by the winner in any marketing material without any further reference or payment to the winner.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the competition and comply with its legal obligations as the Promoter. For these purposes, the Promoter may disclose such personal information to related companies, agents, regulatory bodies, contractors, service providers and any company with whom the Promoter is running the competition. These recipients may be located overseas. If you do not provide all the personal information we request, you may not be able to participate in the competition.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings, including fringe benefits tax. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The laws of New South Wales apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of New South Wales.