HCF THANK YOU: DOWNTON ABBEY 2 2022: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By not opting out of HCF Thank You: Downton Abbey 2 2022 (competition) using return email before 17:00 AEST on 6 May 2022, you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them. Information on how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being run by The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Limited (ABN 68 000 026 746) of Level 5, 403 George Street Sydney NSW 2000 (Promoter). To contact the Promoter, please call 1300 363 992.
WHO CAN ENTER
Eligible HCF members:
- To be eligible to win you must:
- reside in Australia;
- be 18 years or older;
- have a valid telephone number and a valid email address; and
- be the main policyholder of a current active HCF policy (not suspended) issued under an eligible product (a HCF health insurance product that is not listed below) for at least 8 days as at Monday 25 April 2022;
- be eligible for the HCF Thank You program;
- be up to date with your policy payments; and
- be subscribed to receive marketing and promotional communications.
Ineligible HCF policyholders:
- HCF policyholders with Overseas Visitors Health Cover, Ambulance Only Cover or ineligible HCF Life products do not have access to HCF Thank You and therefore cannot enter.
- Employees, directors or officers of the Promoter, any companies or agencies associated with this competition, or their immediate families, are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The promotion will commence 8 May 2022 at 11:59:00pm and end on 9 May 2022 at 11:59:00pm.
- HCF policyholders who meet the above eligibility requirements on 9 May 2022 will be automatically entered into the draw to win.
- All eligible policies will be automatically entered into the competition as follows:
- HCF policyholders who hold a Diamond policy on 9 May 2022 will be given 3 x entries into the draw.
- HCF policyholders who hold a Ruby policy on 9 May 2022 will be given 2 x entries into the draw.
- HCF policyholders who hold an active an Opal or Emerald policy on 9 May 2022 will be given 1 x entries into the draw.
- HCF policyholders who do not wish to participate in the competition can opt-out by emailing HCFThankYou@hcf.com.au before 17:00 AEST on Friday 6 May 2022 and will be removed from the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify entrants (including an entrant’s identity) and to disqualify any entrant who does not comply with these terms and conditions. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- There are 100 double cinema passes to see Downton Abbey 2 to be won. The total prize pool value is AUD $4,000.
- Maximum one prize per HCF policyholder.
- Cinema passes are only valid for Downton Abbey 2 screenings while in cinemas.
- Not valid on cinema discount days, Saturdays after 5pm or Public Holidays.
- Not valid for re-sale.
- Not valid for mobile or online ticketing.
- Seats are subject to availability.
- Voucher must be surrendered upon redemption.
- Not valid at premium, large format screens or special events.
- Always check the cinema for details and validity.
- Prizes will be distributed via mail to the policyholder's residential address.
- Each prize will be randomly drawn and assigned to each winner.
- The prizes will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other prize.
- Lost are or stolen cinema passes will not be replaced or refunded. The cinema passes subject to the relevant retailer's full terms and conditions available on their website.
- If a prize is not available for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with another item of equal or greater value if the winner agrees in writing and subject to any approvals from regulatory authorities. If the winner does not agree despite reasonable attempts by the Promoter to reach an agreement and the prize is not available due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may substitute the prize with another item or items determined by the Promoter to be of equal or higher value.
SELECTION OF WINNER
- The winners will be chosen at random by draw which will take place at 11:00am AEST/AEDT on Tuesday 10 May 2022 at the Promoter's offices at Level 5, 403 George Street Sydney NSW 2000.
- The 100 valid entries drawn will win one double cinema pass.
- Once an HCF policyholder's winning entry has been drawn, all other entries of that HCF policyholder that are drawn will not win a prize.
- The winners will be notified by mail after 12 May 2022.
- The name of the winners will be published on the Promoter's website at https://www.hcf.com.au/Campaigns/thankyou/downton-abbey-2/winners by Thursday 12 May 2022.
- The results of the draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw. This is a game of chance.
- The Promoter must distribute the prizes to the winners within 28 days of the winners responding to HCF notifying them of the outcome of the draw, at no cost to the winners.
SECOND CHANCE DRAW
- If there is an unclaimed prize, that winner is not readily identified and reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter to identify the winner were unsuccessful, they will automatically forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner through a second chance draw.
- If necessary, a second chance draw will be held on Tuesday 24 May 2022 at the same time and place as the first draw. The first valid entry drawn will win any unclaimed prize.
- The winner/s will be personally notified by mail after Thursday 26 May 2022.
- The name of the winner/s will be published on the Promoter's website at https://www.hcf.com.au/memberservices/mycover/hcf-thank-you by Thursday 26 May 2022.
- The results of any second chance draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw.
- HCF will distribute the prize/s to the winner/s within 28 days of the draw, at no cost to the winners.
- Subject to regulatory approval, the Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition and its terms and conditions at any time and for any reason, and will notify entrants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably practicable on the competition page at https://www.hcf.com.au/memberservices/mycover/hcf-thank-you. It is the entrant's responsibility to regularly check the competition page for any amendments.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports limit, exclude or modify the Promoter's liability in relation to the consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition including:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by the winners or entrants; or
- use of the prize.
- To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), if the competition is not capable of running as planned including by reason of technical failure, fraud or any cause beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may cancel or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries, subject to regulatory approval.
- By entering the competition, the winners agree to participate in such promotional activity as the Promoter may require without remuneration. Each winner also consents to the use and publication of their name, image and any other details provided by the winner in any marketing material without any further reference or payment to the winner.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the competition, comply with its legal obligations as the Promoter and for the purpose of running the competition. For these purposes, the Promoter may disclose such personal information to related companies, agents, regulatory bodies, contractors, service providers and any company with whom the Promoter is running the competition. These recipients may be located overseas. If you do not provide all the personal information we request, you may not be able to participate in the competition.
- By entering the competition, you consent for participating providers to give HCF your personal information, including your name, email address and contact phone number, should you win one of the draws for the purpose of providing you with the prize.
- By participating in this competition, entrants release and hold harmless Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability associated with this competition to the extent permitted by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law). The Promoter and entrants acknowledge that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Entrants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings, including fringe benefits tax. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The laws of Victoria apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of Victoria.
- Authorised under: ACT TP 22/00564