1. This “HCF Lenovo Tablet” (“Promotion”) is conducted by The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Ltd of HCF House, 403 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. A.B.N 68 000 026 746, telephone (02) 9290 0317 (“Promoter”).
2. Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. All instructions and gift information published by the Promoter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Promotion opens at 00:01 on 13 June 2016 and closes at 23:59 on 9 July 2016 ("Promotional Period"). All times and dates are in Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) unless otherwise specified. All times are stated using the 24 hour clock. 00:01 hrs is the start of a day and 24:00 hrs is the end of the day.
How to Enter
4. To be eligible to receive the gift, you must, during the Promotional Period:
a. Be a member of the Royal Automobile Association of South Australia
b. Take out a new policy for HCF hospital and extras cover in-store at any HCF branch, online at hcf.com.au, or over the phone on 13 13 34. This does not include family members joining an existing policy;
c. Pay your premium on time and retain your policy in proper financial order and within HCF’s trading terms for two (2) months following your cover start date; and
d. Provide a valid email address for HCF to send you details about your gift including how to track its delivery.
Eligibility to Enter
5. This Promotion is only open to “Eligible Entrants”. An Eligible Entrant is an individual who provides a valid email address and is an Australian resident, aged 18 years or older and who is not already an HCF Policyholder and has not been a Policyholder in the 2 months prior to entering the promotion. An Eligible Entrant does not include a family member joining an existing policy.
Eligible Entrants must also comply with all the below clauses, within the exact dates stated above and must not have joined HCF through a broker. Eligible joining methods are HCF website, HCF call center, HCF branches or Corporate Sales Representatives.
6. Excluded from entering this promotion are:
a. those joining on any other offer, promo code or discounts;
b. those who only join on standalone products (hospital only/extras only/ambulance only); and
c. those with Overseas Visitors Health Cover, Ambulance Cover, Life, Travel and Pet Insurance only.
7. This promotion is exclusive to members of the Royal Automobile Association of South Australia only.
8. Only one (1) gift permitted per new policy. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a claimant, HCF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the claimant. Fulfilment will commence 2-3 weeks after your second month with HCF and your account is in financial order.
9. After all of the conditions specified in paragraph four (4) are met, HCF will send you the gift of a customised Lenovo Tab3 730 Tablet valued at $124. Each gift will include customised settings, features and functionality including exclusive packaging, on-board welcome videos, apps and website links.
10. The gift is not transferrable or exchangeable and will not be awarded as cash. Should the gift not be available for any reason, HCF reserves the right to offer an alternate gift of the same value and/or specification, in its absolute discretion. HCF’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. HCF reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of members and memberships (including a member’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who HCF has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the offer or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the offer. Errors and omissions may be accepted at HCF’s discretion. Failure by HCF to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. HCF’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
12. If this offer is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of HCF, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, HCF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any claimant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
13. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, HCF (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the offer.
14. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, HCF (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under HCF’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by HCF) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of HCF; (d) any variation in reward value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (f) use of the gift.