LOOKING AFTER YOU
We believe your health should be not for profit. This is why we’re focused on providing great value health insurance to our members, rather than profits for shareholders.
There are many ways we can help you to look after your health, here are just a few:
- Of all the big health insurers, HCF had the lowest average premium increase 2 years in a row.
- We also offer flexible excess options.* (The excess is the amount you contribute if you have planned hospital treatment.)
- And you won't pay an excess if you need hospital treatment after an accident.*
- If you're retrenched from your job, we'll pay your premiums for up to 6 months.^
- We had the highest average proportion of No-gap and Known-gap medical services out of the big insurers.#
Types of cover
Hospital cover means you’re likely to receive hospital treatment sooner and have a greater chance of choosing your doctor. You’ll also be covered for emergency ambulance.
Extras cover allows you to claim for a range of day-to-day services such as selected dental treatment, glasses, physio and a range of therapies not covered by Medicare.
HOSPITAL + EXTRAS
A combined hospital and extras package means you’ll get more support if you’re sick or injured.
Learn more about private health insurance.
^ Eligible HCF members only. Refer to the application for eligibility and conditions.
# HCF had the highest proportion in 2015/16 in all states and territories except in WA.