Detecting small problems before they become big ones
Skin cancer is all too common in Australia. That’s why we’re offering HCF members access to free skin checks by a melanographer*. Here’s how it works:
- Skin checks are done by a melanographer in a private room in an HCF branch.
- The melanographer will image any spots of concern.
- All up, it will only take 15 minutes.
- Images will then be sent to a dermatologist for diagnosis after your appointment.
- You’ll then receive your results via email within 5-10 business days.
Members can book an appointment in advance. Find out where to get your skin check below.
ARE YOU AN HCF MEMBER?
Great news. We’ll be running the skin checks at selected HCF branches in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia and the ACT between February–May 2020.
|DATE||HCF BRANCH||OPENING HOURS||PHONE NUMBER||BOOKINGS [MEMBERS ONLY]|
|12-13 Feb 2020||HCF Melbourne CBD||9am-5pm||(03) 9600 6305||Skin checks complete, to find out more contact HCF Melbourne|
|20 February 2020||HCF Tea Tree||9am-5pm||(08) 8264 3973||Skin checks complete, to find out more contact HCF Tea Tree|
|9-10 March 2020||HCF Joondalup||9am-5pm||(08) 9300 3371||Fully booked|
|6 April 2020||HCF Maroochydore||9am-5pm||(07) 5479 3748||[Bookings open 23 March 2020]|
|8 April 2020||Chermside||9am-5pm||(07) 3738 3300||[Bookings open 25 March]|
|21-22 April 2020||HCF Tamworth||9am-5pm||(02) 6766 2494||[Bookings open 7 April 2020]|
|29-30 April 2020||HCF Erina||9am-5pm||(02) 4365 1337||[Bookings open 15 April 2020]|
|4 May 2020||HCF Brookvale||9am-5pm||(02) 9939 7543||[Bookings open 20 April 2020]|
|7 May 2020||HCF Bondi Junction||9am-5pm||(02) 9389 4383||[Bookings open 23 April 2020]|
|13 May 2020||HCF Belconnen||9am-5pm||(02) 6251 5094||[Bookings open 29 April 2020]|
|20-21 May 2020||HCF Melbourne CBD||9am-5pm||(03) 9600 6305||[Bookings open 2 May 2020]
Putting people before profit
Read more about skin health
YOUR SKIN CHECK CHECKLIST
If caught early, skin cancer can be successfully treated so checking your skin regularly is vital.
5 SUN SAFETY MYTHS
Before heading outdoors this summer, brush up on your 'slip, slop, slap, seek and slide’ knowledge.
WHY AUSTRALIANS NEED TO BE SUN SMART
Australia has some of the highest UV radiation levels in the world, increasing our skin cancer risk.
SKIN CARE TIPS: GOOD HABITS FOR HEALTHY SKIN
Despite what many people think, having skin that glows with good health doesn’t require a huge investment in expensive skin products.
FREE SKIN CHECKS: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Not a member but want a free skin check?
If you’re not an HCF member, but would like to get a free skin check, contact us on 13 13 34 or drop in to your nearest branch. We have limited appointments available for non-members.
How does it work?
- A Molemap melanographer will welcome you at reception and give you a consent form. They can answer any questions you have both before and after your appointment.
- Once in the consulting room, the melanographer will ask you a few questions before giving you a gown and asking you to dress down to your underwear.
- The melanographer will then complete a head-to-toe skin check using a specialist hand-held device called a dermatoscope.
- The melanographer will image any spots of concern using a specialised Molemap dermoscopic imaging camera. If there are no identifiable spots of concern, they’ll let you know and you won’t need a report.
- The melanographer will also give you important skin cancer information to help reduce your chances of developing skin cancer in the future.
After your appointment
The melanographer will forward any imaged spots of concern to their dermatologists for review and diagnosis. Within 5-10 business days of your appointment, Molemap will notify you that your dermatologist report is ready to download. It will include comments and any recommendations for treatment.
Treatment that may be required
Molemap are a detection, diagnosis and surveillance service and do not provide treatment, such as removing moles. If your report recommends further action you should book in to see your GP or referring doctor. Take your dermatologist report with you, and they will advise you of your treatment options.
What’s the cost?
The Molemap skin checks are valued at $299, but are free to HCF members who can attend one of the sessions. Limited spots are available.
Where to get your check
Molemap skin check booths will be at selected HCF branches in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia and the ACT in 2020. See the table above for dates and opening hours.
How to book?
Members can book a free skin check appointment, two weeks in advance, by using the below ‘booking’ links or by calling the local branch. Simply follow the booking form prompts and you’ll receive an email with your appointment details. Non-members who are interested should give us a call on 13 13 34 or have a chat in branch with one of our friendly staff.
Please note that pre-booking appointments are only available to HCF members. One of our friendly HCF staff members will contact you before to your appointment to verify your membership before we confirm your appointment. Limited appointments available.