Congratulations to the winners
Terms & conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This “HCF Travel Insurance $1.000 On Us” (“Promotion”) is conducted by HCF - The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Ltd (A.B.N 68 000 026 746) of HCF House, 403 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 (“HCF” or “Promoter”).
2. Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. All instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Promotion opens at 00:01 AEDT on Thursday, 15 December 2016 and closes at 23:59 AEDT on Saturday, 31 December 2016 ("Promotional Period"). All times and dates are in AEDT as per local NSW time. All times are stated using the 24 hour clock. 00:01 hrs is the start of a day and 24:00 hrs is the end of the day.Eligibility to Enter
4. This Promotion is only open to “Eligible Entrants”. An Eligible Entrant is an individual who is an Australian resident aged 18 years or older. Eligible Entrants must also comply with all the below clauses, within the exact dates stated above.
5. Employees of HCF, their partners, agents and suppliers associated with the Promotion and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
How to Enter
6. To receive one (1) automatic entry, Eligible Entrants must purchase any one (1) of the following three (3) HCF holiday insurance products during the Promotional Period:
- Annual Multi Trip;
- International Comprehensive; or
- Australian Comprehensive.
7. Eligible Entrants can purchase any of the above three (3) HCF travel insurance products by visiting hcf.com.au/travel, visiting a HCF branch or calling 13 13 34. Eligible Entrants that make an Eligible Purchase during the Promotional Period, will receive one (1) automatic entry into the draw for each Eligible Purchase made. Should an Eligible Entrant not wish to be automatically entered into this Promotion they can contact the Promoter directly. Insurance must be issued in Australia before the start of the Eligible Entrant’s trip, and is not available to travellers already overseas. Eligible Entrants cannot purchase insurance more than 12 months before travel. Entrants should always consider the Product Disclosure Statement and their personal circumstances before making any decision about whether to acquire any travel insurance product.
8. Multiple entries are permitted, however, only one (1) entry will be permitted per Eligible Purchase made (i.e. per separate HCF holiday insurance product purchased during the Promotional Period).
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an Eligible Entrant’s policy, identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Eligible Entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
10. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
11. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by an Eligible Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
12. A draw will be conducted for the entries received during the Promotional Period (each a “Draw”). The Draws will take place at The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Ltd, HCF House, Level 11, 403 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 at 10.00 AEDT on Monday 16 January 2017. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Non-winning entries for the Draw will be entered into any subsequent Draw(s). The winners will be notified via email within two (2) business days of the draw. The winners will be published on this page on Monday 30 January 2017.
13. There will be one (1) prize in total. The first valid entry drawn will win a $1,000 Eftpos voucher.
14. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
15. A re-draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 17 April 2017 at the same time and place as the original Draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority The winner (if any) will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the re-draw and their name will be published on this page on 1 May 2017.
16. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions or for any other reason.
17. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
18. Total prize pool value is $1,000.
19. The decision of the Promoter in relation to the conduct of the Promotion is binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless specified otherwise.
21. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.22. In the event that a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter, in its discretion may substitute that prize of equal or greater value, subject to the directions of any regulatory authority.
24. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, (including but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Promotion.
25. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Eligible Entrant must comply with the relevant prize conditions.
26. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, unless to do so would be prohibited by law.
27. If this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, unless to do so would be prohibited by law.
28. Entrants should always consider the Product Disclosure Statement and their personal circumstances before making any decision about whether to acquire any travel insurance product. Policies are only valid upon acceptance of payment by QBE.
Permits – NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/10020