$2 A WEEK CAN GO A LONG WAY
Cash Back Cover pays $5,000 if you need surgery in hospital for an injury suffered in an accident, or if you suffer one of a number of major illnesses.+ You can use the money however you wish.
It costs only $2 a week for singles, and $4 a week for couples and families.^
^Family cover extends to everyone listed on your HCF Membership.
+ Cover excludes pre-existing conditions.
OUT OF POCKET COSTS CAN ADD UP
Your HCF Hospital Cover looks after the bulk of your hospital costs, but there’s a portion of the costs you may need to cover yourself. These include:
- your excess
- the gap fees your doctor charges
- payments for procedures only partially covered by your policy
Even after you’ve left hospital you might still have extra costs brought about by your treatment. These include:
- hiring home help
- follow-up visits to your doctor
- rehabilitation and support services such as physiotherapy, aqua-aerobics and psychology
- prescription medications
USING CASH BACK COVER TO HELP WITH OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS
You’re free to use the $5,000 payout from Cash Back Cover as you please. However it’s a great way to cover out-of-pocket-expenses. The table below shows you how much you might have to pay for some common procedures used to treat accidental injuries and major illnesses.
|Maximum Excess* and Known Gap||Maximum Excess* and Full Gap Charges|
|Malignant melanoma removal||$803||$1,568|
|Shoulder arthroscopy and repair||$674||$2,798|
Source: HCF Cost Calculator, based on historical claims data. Costs assume a $500 excess and choice of a participating hospital for treatment.
*$0 excess applies to treatments after an accident. $500 excess applies to melanoma removal.
In many cases you might even have some spare cash left over. You can use these for ongoing costs, or even for a little holiday or pampering after a difficult time.
Cash Back Cover also comes with the following additional benefits:
- Covers big and small accidents: from slipping on tiles to car accidents, Cash Back Cover pays $5,000 if you need surgery in a hospital to treat an injury suffered in an accident. Cover for 6 major illnesses: cancer, heart attack, stroke, heart disease, kidney failure and organ transplants are all covered.
- Fast claims processing: on average we pay Cash Back Cover claims within 5 working days of receiving the required documents.
- Available to young and old: anyone aged 16-60 can apply for Cash Back Cover.
- One low price for All: only $2 per week for singles, or $4 a week for couples and families.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
When taking out Cash Back Cover, it’s important to know some of the detail about what your cover does and doesn’t provide.
- Covered accidents: your injury needs to be the result of an “external, violent and visible event” to be considered as an accident. This would generally cover injuries caused by slips, trips, wounds and collisions, but injuries it wouldn’t cover include those caused by:
- over-using or over-exerting a part of the body
- intentional self-inflicted acts
- an existing weakness or illness
- Pre-existing conditions: Cash Back Cover doesn’t pay for recurrences of a medical condition you’ve suffered prior to taking out the policy. For example, if you’ve already had a stroke before taking out the policy, you won’t receive a payout if you have another stroke. However you can still claim for accidents and other illnesses covered by the policy.
- 30-day money back guarantee: if you change your mind about Cash Back Cover, you can cancel it in the first 30 days and receive a full refund of your premiums.