TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY INTO ‘HCF Life Insurance Direct Debit promotion'
- Instructions on how to participate in this Promotion (defined below) and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. This Promotion is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Promotion is conducted by HCF Life Insurance Company Pty Limited (ABN 37 001 831 250, AFLS 236 806) of HCF House, 403 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 (“HCF Life” or “Promoter”).
- The ‘HCF Life Insurance Direct Debit promotion’ (“Promotion”) is only available to Australian residents who:
a. are existing HCF Life policy holders prior to the start of the Promotion (with a current HCF Life policy, not a suspended or lapsed HCF Life policy); and
b. have provided or updated credit card or debit card details to HCF Life to ensure their premiums can be paid by direct debit from this card by 11:59pm AEDT 30 April 2020 as required below at 7).
- Employees of HCF Life, their partners, agents and suppliers associated with the Promotion and each of their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this Promotion.
- The Promotion commences at 09:00am AEDT on Monday, 6 January 2020 and ends at 11:59pm AEDT on Thursday, 30 April 2020 (“Promotional Period”). All times and dates are in AEDT as per local NSW time.
- To be eligible to receive an automatic entry into the draw, eligible individuals must, during the Promotional Period, provide or update the details referred to in paragraph 3)b) by:
a. calling us on 13 13 34;
b. in any HCF branch; or
c. completing and returning a Payment Authority Form.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and members (including a member’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who HCF Life has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the Promotion or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at HCF Life’s discretion. Failure by HCF Life to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. HCF Life’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Each entrant is permitted one (1) entry into the Promotion and only one (1) entry is permitted per HCF Life policy.
- The draw will take place at HCF House, Level 8, 403 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 on Friday, 29 May 2020 at 11:00am AEDT and will be drawn manually. The winner will be notified in writing by Monday, 1 June 2020 and their name will be published online at https://www.hcf.com.au/Campaigns/life-insurance-direct-debit-competition on Monday, 1 June 2020. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in each draw and record them in order in case of an invalid entry.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will receive an EFTPOS prepaid gift card valued at AUD$5,000 (“Gift Card”). The Promoter will distribute the Gift Card to the winner within 28 days of the draw. The Gift Card must be activated by the winner within three (3) months of the date of issue and must be redeemed within 12 months of activation. Any unused portion of the Gift Card will expire at the end of 12 months and will not be redeemable.
- To activate the Gift Card you must go online to www.activateacard.com.au and enter in the Gift Card details. Once activated, funds are available by midday of the following business day.
- The Gift Card, or any unused portion of the Gift Card, cannot be redeemed for cash, reloaded, exchanged, returned for a refund, have their balances consolidated to a new Gift Card, or be replaced after expiry and are not legal tender, account cards, credit or debit cards or securities. The Gift Card is not transferable to another person.
- The Gift Card is subject to any terms and conditions specified by the issuer including any specified on the card itself. Any ancillary costs associated with the redemption of any Gift Card are the responsibility of the winner. For full terms and conditions regarding the Gift Card please visit: http://www.giftcardplanet.com.au/eftpos-cardholder-terms.
- If a winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
- Total prize pool value is AUD$5,000.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw, if for any reason a winner does not take/redeem a prize within three (3) months, then that prize will be forfeited.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- A draw for any unclaimed prize may take place on Wednesday, 30 September 2020 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published online at www.hcf.com.au on 2 October 2020. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any unclaimed prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter will distribute the Gift Card to the winner within 28 days of the unclaimed prize draw.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of HCF Life, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, HCF Life reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
a. to disqualify any individual; or
b. subject to regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the Internet in respect of this Promotion is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Consumer Law, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, HCF Life (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
- The laws of New South Wales apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of New South Wales.
- This Promotion is authorised under: NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/40843; ACT Permit No. ACT TP 19/04869.