HCF THANK YOU CHRISTMAS COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By entering the HCF Thank You Christmas Competition (competition), you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them. Information on how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being run by The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Limited (ABN 68 000 026 746) of Level 5, 403 George Street Sydney NSW 2000 (Promoter). To contact the Promoter, please call 1300 363 992.
Who can enter?
- To be eligible to enter the competition you must:
- reside in Australia;
- be 18 years or older;
- have a valid telephone number and a valid email address; and
- be a current HCF member for at least 31 days as at Wednesday 11 November 2020 (excluding members with Ambulance Only cover or members whose policy is suspended or on-hold).
- Employees, directors or officers of the Promoter, any companies or agencies associated with this competition, or their immediate families, are ineligible to enter.
How to enter
- The competition period commences at 12:01am AEDT on Wednesday 11 November 2020 and ends at 11:59pm AEDT on Sunday 13 December 2020 (competition period), and the Promoter reserves the right to extend the competition end date at any time (subject to regulatory approval).
- To enter the competition, you must, during the competition period:
- log in or register your details at hcf.com.au/member-login; and
- purchase an e-Gift Card of any monetary value on offer through the HCF Thank You rewards webpage for one of our seven partners listed below:
- Method of entry: Purchase an e-Gift Card of any monetary value for Myer and receive one entry into the Myer prize draw
- Prize: $1,000 e-Gift Card for Myer
- Method of entry: Purchase an e-Gift Card of any monetary value for Endota and receive one entry into the Endota prize draw
- Prize: $1,000 e-Gift Card for Endota
3) Gourmet Traveller:
- Method of entry: Purchase an e-Gift Card of any monetary value for Gourmet Traveller and receive one entry into the Gourmet Traveller prize draw
- Prize: $1,000 e-Gift Card for Gourmet Traveller
4) Harvey Norman:
- Method of entry: Purchase an e-Gift Card of any monetary value for Harvey Norman and receive one entry into the Harvey Norman prize draw
- Prize: $1,000 e-Gift Card for Harvey Norman
- Method of entry: Purchase an e-Gift Card of any monetary value for RedBalloon and receive one entry into the RedBalloon prize draw
- Prize: $1,000 e-Gift Card for RedBalloon
- Method of entry: Purchase an e-Gift Card of any monetary value for Amazon and receive one entry into the Amazon prize draw
- Prize: $1,000 e-Gift Card for Amazon
7) Luxury Escapes:
- Method of entry: Purchase an e-Gift Card of any monetary value for Luxury Escapes and receive one entry into the Luxury Escapes prize draw
- Prize: $1,000 e-Gift Card for Luxury Escapes
- Upon purchase of an eligible e-Gift Card (as described in the table above), you will be entered into the prize draw that corresponds with that partner. A limit of one entry per partner prize draw applies. For the avoidance of doubt, you may enter the prize draw/s for one or more partners.
- No late entries will be accepted. Incomplete or incoherent entries will be invalid.
- There is no cost to enter the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- There are seven separate prizes to be won, as outlined in the table above. Each prize is an e-Gift Card valued at AUD $1,000 as at the publishing date of these terms and conditions. The total prize pool value is AUD $7,000.
- The prizes will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other prize.
- Lost or stolen e-Gift Cards will not be replaced or refunded. The e-Gift Cards are subject to the relevant retailer's full terms and conditions available on their website.
- If a prize is not available for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with another item of equal or greater value if the winner agrees in writing and subject to any approvals from regulatory authorities. If the winner does not agree despite reasonable attempts by the Promoter to reach an agreement and the prize is not available due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may substitute the prize with another item or items determined by the Promoter to be of equal or higher value.
Selection of winner
- The winner will be chosen at random by manual draw which will take place at 11:00am AEDT on Monday 14 December 2020 at the Promoter's offices at Level 5, 403 George Street Sydney NSW 2000.
- The first valid entry drawn in each of the seven partner prize draws will win the corresponding prize as described in the table above.
- The winners will be personally notified by email and telephone by Wednesday 16 December 2020.
- The name of the winners will be published on the Promoter's website at https://www.hcf.com.au/memberservices/mycover/hcf-thank-you by Friday 18 December 2020.
- The results of the draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw. This is a game of chance.
- The Promoter must distribute the prizes to the winners within 28 days of the draw.
Second chance draw
- If a winner does not respond within five days of being notified that they have won the competition, that winner is not readily identified and reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter to identify the winner were unsuccessful, they will automatically forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner through a second chance draw.
- If necessary, a second chance draw will be held on Monday 21 December 2020 at the same time and place as the first draw. The first valid entry drawn will win any unclaimed prize.
- The winner/s will be personally notified by email and telephone by Wednesday 23 December 2020.
- The name of the winner/s will be published on the Promoter's website at https://www.hcf.com.au/memberservices/mycover/hcf-thank-you by Thursday 31 December 2020.
- The results of any second chance draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw.
- The Promoter must distribute the prize/s to the winner/s within 28 days of the draw.
- Subject to regulatory approval, the Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition and its terms and conditions at any time and for any reason, and will notify entrants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably practicable on the competition page at https://www.hcf.com.au/memberservices/mycover/hcf-thank-you. It is the entrant's responsibility to regularly check the competition page for any amendments.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports limit, exclude or modify the Promoter's liability in relation to the consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition including:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by the winners or entrants; or
- use of the prize.
- To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), if the competition is not capable of running as planned including by reason of technical failure, fraud or any cause beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may cancel or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries, subject to regulatory approval.
- By entering the competition, the winners agree to participate in such promotional activity as the Promoter may require without remuneration. Each winner also consents to the use and publication of their name, image and any other details provided by the winner in any marketing material without any further reference or payment to the winner.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the competition, comply with its legal obligations as the Promoter and for promotional purposes. For these purposes, the Promoter may disclose such personal information to related companies, agents, regulatory bodies, contractors, service providers and any company with whom the Promoter is running the competition. These recipients may be located overseas. If you do not provide all the personal information we request, you may not be able to participate in the competition.
- By entering the competition, you consent to the Promoter using your personal information to send you information about the Promoter's products and services, including by email.
- By participating in this competition, entrants release and hold harmless Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability associated with this competition to the extent permitted by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law). The Promoter and entrants acknowledge that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Entrants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings, including fringe benefits tax. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The laws of Victoria apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of Victoria.
- ACT permit no. TP 20/01538; and
- SA permit no. T20/1369.