YOU'RE COVERED WITH HCF DURING COVID-19
Life as we know it might have changed temporarily but we’re still here for you, just like we were before coronavirus. To support you in these times we're:
- Covering COVID-19 related hospital claims for members with hospital cover (excluding Overseas Visitors Health Cover)*.
- Providing information about cancelled or delayed elective surgeries and what to do now they’re restarting in public and private hospitals
- Supporting your health needs with access to telehealth services, like physio or birthing classes, from HCF-recognised providers, for our eligible members until 31 December 2020
- Helping you navigate these stressful times with a holistic mental health wellbeing program that can guide you to the right care, at the right time
Claim on telehealth Extras
You can claim for one-to-one telehealth services, like dietetics, birthing classes, psychology and physio, from recognised HCF providers, until 31 December 2020.
TREATMENT AT HOME
Enjoy the freedom to choose how and where you’re treated. We’ve chosen to pay for hospital-substitute treatment so eligible members+ can be treated in the comfort of home where possible.
FIND A PROVIDER
At HCF we offer a range of fully-covered* services through our ‘More for You’ programs. We have a network of over 10,000 providers for extras cover at an affordable price.
CALL OUR NURSE HELPLINE
Members are asking for more help in these uncertain times, so we’ve launched a nurse helpline for COVID-19. Speak to experienced nurses for expert health advice.
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT THAT’S GOT YOU COVERED
Ways to connect with us
CALL US TODAY
Our team of friendly experts are here to answer your questions on how we can help during this time. We’re open: Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat-Sun 9am-5pm (AEST/AEDT). Call 13 13 34.
SEND AN EMAIL
Head over to our Contact Us page and complete the form to send us an email.
USE THE APP
The My Membership app is the easiest way to stay on top of your health insurance admin – no matter where you are, or what time of day it is.
LOG IN ONLINE
Managing your account on the go is easy with our Online Member Services tool.
WE LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU
We’re proud to have so many members who’ve chosen us as their health partner. To show our appreciation, our loyalty program, HCF Thank You, gives members access to services, programs and discounts from great partner brands. The longer you stay with us, the more ways we get to say thank you*. Here are just some examples of our recent offers:
- 10% Off Priceline e-Gift Cards
- 10% Off Rebel e-Gift Cards
- 10% Off Booktopia
- 8% Off Myer e-Gift Cards
*For a small number of policies that wouldn’t normally cover all COVID-19 related hospital claims, we’ve extended your policy to make sure you’re covered. This cover extension applies until 30 September 2020 and it’s at no extra cost. Overseas Visitors Health Cover members should check their product information to see if they’re covered.
+You must be a current member of HCF, have served waiting periods for pre-existing conditions, be covered for the treatment you’re having if you were admitted to hospital, require treatment you would have had to stay in hospital for, live in an area served by an HCF-contracted HST provider and have a suitable home environment to be treated in.
UNCERTAIN TIMES CALL FOR UNCOMMON CARE
At HCF, Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, we’ve put the care of our members first for nearly 90 years. And care has never counted more than now. With HCF, you get:
- Help paying premiums; If you've been with us for 12 months and have hospital only or hospital and extras cover (excluding Overseas Visitors Health Cover and Ambulance Only cover) and have become unemployed through no fault of your own, we’ll pay your premiums for up to 6 months and you’ll still be covered during that time
- Access to our holistic mental health and wellbeing program - giving support quicker and easier than before.
- A wider range of treatment options in the comfort of your own home such as chemo, rehabilitation after knee or hip surgery, intravenous antibiotics and complex wound care+
- More benefits back for every dollar paid in premiums than the industry average**
- A no out-of-pockets^^ experience with Australia’s first no-gap pregnancy cover with Sydney Adventist Hospital
- Peace of mind that HCF is Australia’s most-trusted++ health fund
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT THAT’S GOT YOU COVERED
A GP AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
As part of the changes introduced because of COVID-19 you can now have bulk-billed online GP consultations through our partner GP2U on 1300 472 866 or you may be able to access bulk-billed online GP services with your current provider.
+Available with HCF contracted providers, subject to your location and your hospital cover. Waiting periods apply.
**2019 Year in Review.
^^Available with selected obstetricians. Depends on your level of cover (pregnancy and birth services required) and must have served the 12 month waiting period by the birth date of your baby (this is the standard waiting period for pregnancy and birth services for new joiners to private health insurance). Excludes any policy excess. Not available to Overseas Visitor Health Cover members.
++Roy Morgan Net Trust Survey 2018 & 2019.